Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-03 Brewers (Wolf) at Reds (Arroyo) - 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 12-3]

and there is no damn way a 3rd baseman looks for the runner that is in between bases.

He obviously didn't have a play on Stubbs because he was playing behind the base but he somehow had a play on Hanigan he was probably at least 5 feet past 3rd base and running on contact? There was no play on Stubbs or Hanigan so look to see if you can catch Janish between the bases and he would've if he looked.

So he obviously didn't have a play at home even though he missed an out by a split second, he missed by one hundredth of a second but didn't have a play.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm amazed how quickly "you" fans are swayed with negativity.

I think you meant to put you "fans" instead of "you" fans (nice, btw). Speaking only for myself, I didn't think this team was very good to begin with.

Nope - I meant it only directed at the chicken littles. but it could work either way I guess. Though I won't go so far to say that a chicken little is not a fan, because I don't believe they/me/we would be on this board if that was the case.

I still have plenty of faith in this team having a winning record over the course of the year... but this series is showing:

A) The Reds should be the clear favorite to win this division and it's going to be tough to hang in there with them all year.

B) Our depth/bench is terrible and we will struggle to score runs when only Weeks/Braun/Fielder/McGehee can hit or get on base at all.

I knew the bottom of the order would be weak, but it's truly awful so far. They swing at everything and when they do make contact it doesn't matter anyway.

Arroyo looks pretty bad all of a sudden, hasn't hit a spot in 3 batters, that ball over Casey's head was pretty atrocious, might have an opportunity to jump back into it here.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Sigh, Betancourt. Hopefully the defense improves because we haven't been very sharp so far in the first three games.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Verified Member
Haven't been following here on the thread but the defense is hard to swallow right now. Anyone else think that Braun should have caught the ball over his head earlier in the game?

The positive is that Melvin sounded fully aware of all of Betancourt's detractors, which were many, after we acquired him. Trust me, he's keeping a close eye on him as he knows his lack of defensive skill and low OBP. The fact that both are glaringly bad to start the season is smacking Melvin right in the face.

He has to start looking into other options before this becomes a disaster.

Wondering if anyone else notices Betancourt's lack of confidence in the field. SS's are supposed to take charge of the defense and I noticed yesterday that Weeks took an infield fly ball that usually SS's take control of and then this last infield grounder that Yuni should've taken. JJ Hardy was definitely the opposite of this guy.

Archived