Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-03 Brewers (Wolf) at Reds (Arroyo) - 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 12-3]

Watching the batters after McGehee in the order is painful. They don't take any pitches and makes things way too easy on the opposing team.
Watching the 2nd, 6th, 7th,8th and 9th batters in the order is painful.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rluzinski wrote:

Watching the 2nd, 6th, 7th,8th and 9th batters in the order is painful.

There's no need to include the 9th spot in order to exaggerate your argument. But you have to keep in mind that there's an All-Star OF on the DL as well as a promising young catcher.

That is a tough play for McGehee and for any 3rd basemen.. It a lucky infield hit. How is Casey supposed to know what the runner at 2nd is doing when he is charging down the 3rd base line?

Braun should have caught that ball and its quite frustrating to see him take such a bad angle that would have prevented a inning like that. That said, Wolf got shelled and I have little confidence in him this year.

This series was a mess, and I realized this team is not as good as my expectations perceived them to be. Their D is bad and their hitting is not as good as a team like the Reds.

Yeah, Gomez is showing us nothing in the 2 spot. He isn't going to "get it". It seems like he'd make such a huge step if he could start taking some walks, but I don't think it's going to happen. Can't wait for Hart and Lucroy to get back.

and there is no damn way a 3rd baseman looks for the runner that is in between bases.

He obviously didn't have a play on Stubbs because he was playing behind the base but he somehow had a play on Hanigan he was probably at least 5 feet past 3rd base and running on contact? There was no play on Stubbs or Hanigan so look to see if you can catch Janish between the bases and he would've if he looked.

It's hard to believe the Reds are this good, but they did win the division last year so I guess that's something.

Geez Kotsay. Could you have played that any worse?

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I'm amazed how quickly "you" fans are swayed with negativity. Already, after 2 1/2 games, your entire outlook on the team has changed?!? It must be hard living a half glass empty life.

It's baseball. Give it time. If they won the first 3 would you think they would win them all?

I think a serious dose of perspective is needed.

I'm amazed how quickly "you" fans are swayed with negativity. Already, after 2 1/2 games, your entire outlook on the team has changed?!? It must be hard living a half glass empty life.

It's baseball. Give it time. If they won the first 3 would you think they would win them all?

Entirely agree with this post. It's alright to be negative, but must it be so relentless?

Sadly, I think we are nervous that we're getting a serious dose of reality. The deficiencies that some of us foresaw in this team are playing themselves out in just 3 games making us fearful of a long summer of witnessing the same blunders and inept play.

I'm amazed how quickly "you" fans are swayed with negativity.

I think you meant to put you "fans" instead of "you" fans (nice, btw). Speaking only for myself, I didn't think this team was very good to begin with.

[quote author=rluzinski wrote:

[/b]Watching the 2nd, 6th, 7th,8th and 9th batters in the order is painful.

There's no need to include the 9th spot in order to exaggerate your argument. But you have to keep in mind that there's an All-Star OF on the DL as well as a promising young catcher.I included the 9th spot because I have to watch them hit and it's generally painful to do so. I'm not suggesting that Brewer pitchers should hit better; I am suggesting that this offense is not very fun to watch in its current configuration. And that has NOTHING to do with the result of this series.

bucksman4]

Sadly, I think we are nervous that we're getting a serious dose of reality. The deficiencies that some of us foresaw in this team are playing themselves out in just 3 games making us fearful of a long summer of witnessing the same blunders and inept play.

I get that, I really do. I refuse to let anything, most anything I should say sway me to completely pull the plug on the season. Listen, if we go 0-23 or something, I'll be in the tank right with you,but I don't see that happening.

I'm just saying don't let 2 1/2 games sway what was the positive, generally speaking, outlook for this season. Most of us thought division contender and I'm certainly not backing away from that no matter what happens (w/o greinke, hart, lucroy - I might add).

KEEP THE FAITH!!!

Archived