Brewer Fanatic

2011-04-02 Brewers (Marcum) at Reds (Wood) - 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2]

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Marcum is likely ok. I think he was a bit wild at the get go and showed a bit of emotion and I think he's getting squeezed because of that. I think Wood came out sharp and he's getting the benefit now with a wider zone.

That's a nice start!

You may run like Mays...

I'm actually encouraged by this start for Marcum. He "rusty" to start the game which is understandable. If nothing else he looked like he just wasn't comfortable. After the second inning he settled down fine. Would have been easy for him to have a complete blow up starting out that bad coming off only 1 start after missing a start in st. He battled through it and could end up with 5 IP and 3 ER which is perfectly fine by me on 80 pitches.

The bigger positive is the amount of movement he has on his off speed stuff. First time I've seen him pitch and his ball moves late by the looks of it. HE'LL BE FINE

This situation right here is where having a bench that lacks power really hurts. With the bottom of the lineup we're going to need to string together multiple hits to tie this game.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived