Brewer Fanatic

Matt Holliday to have appendectomy

endaround

Given the sate of the division I don't think the Brewers can complain about injuries. Then again given the Brewers status neither can the Cards or Reds. At least they are spread around evenly so it's kind of back to square one competition wise.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

My Cardinals fan friend says Holliday is only expected to miss a week or two. Didn't Hart miss nearly a month with his appendectomy? I seem to remember his taking a long time to recover but maybe it was coupled with another injury?

My Cardinals fan friend says Holliday is only expected to miss a week or two. Didn't Hart miss nearly a month with his appendectomy? I seem to remember his taking a long time to recover but maybe it was coupled with another injury?

I think his appendix actually burst though

^Yeah, from what I've heard it can be pretty painful if it actually bursts, so it's not a surprise that Hart missed nearly a month.

With the Cardinals getting as beat up as they are, I really hope the Brewers can weather the storm of April.

Early reports from LaRussa is that it was the classiest appendectomy ever.
From what I've heard, the appendix bowed, said thank you, and tipped the surgeon generously after it was removed.

...while wearing tails and a tophat.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Yes, but the surgeon finished up and admired his stitches for 2 seconds longer than he should have. At which point the anesthesiologist just slowly took off his scrubs and left them on the surgery floor...

Archived