Brewer Fanatic

2011 Minor League Archived Audio / Video

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Nashville Audio Archive --

July 9 - Chat with infielder Taylor Green

Media savvy and very humble, team-oriented Green barely acknowledges his Player of the Month honor, and then when Stu Paul asks if he's received any prior honors, Green basically dismisses the question.

Of course, Green was the Organization's Player of the Year in 2007.

It's just amazing. I think I'm about to go off on a rant.

Casey McGehee, nice guy I'm sure, & yes I'd love to see him start hitting again. But at this point, there's a very real possibility that Casey just caught lightning in a bottle for a season+. He was never more than a pedestrian hitter in the minors, is a liability on defense, is as slow or slower than most catchers in MLB... I just don't see what he adds at this point. He's immune from being sent down, but you had Hardy who was not only sent down but clearly had his service time exploited?

All the while, Taylor Green, who was highly regarded prior to his wrist injury & has produced well at multiple levels of MiLB, wastes away in AAA. He's a solid defender, good LH bat with power & patience, just an upgrade over McGehee in almost every way. It makes zero sense. It's ironic to me -- McGehee was given priority over a far more talented (tools-wise) player in Gamel, because the team was trying to 'win now'... even though they shouldn't have been. Now, you have an actual prospect, McGehee is just horrible with no encouraging signs, the team should & is in 'win now' mode, and McGehee is just completely accepted as the reality.

Doug Melvin, please wake up on this one.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived