Brewer Fanatic

2011-03-31 Brewers (Gallardo) at Reds (Volquez) [Brewers lose walkoff, 7-6]

Awesome................was it a bad call on McGehee's play?

No, I think on the replay it looked like McGehee just did not get the tag on. Really bad mistake.

Thanks.........I was listening on the radio and Uecker called him out (of course). You could hear the fans cheering wildly though, so I knew he missed the tag. 5 seconds later Uecker realized it too.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to me Hernandez routinely kills the Brewers. Not that he's bad otherwise. But he's sure extremely good against the Brewers.

(Didn't help that Axford pitched poorly.)

Well, that gets the undefeated season question out of the way early. On to 161-1.

The game was over, this is definitely a game we should have won. Axford struggled, but McGehee made a really bad move there. Just get an out and we win this game.

Very tough way to start the season....giving away a game we had basically won. Hurts to have to get four outs in the 9th inning but Axford needs to pitch better than that too.

This sucks.

This was another Openday loss in the 9th ugh what a way to lose. Bad Omen that our closer blew the save?

Wasn't it 2008 that Gagne served up the tater to Fukudome?

Good omen methinks. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Awesome................was it a bad call on McGehee's play?

No, I think on the replay it looked like McGehee just did not get the tag on. Really bad mistake.

The runner may have been out of the base path, it was really close. But McGehee did not get the tag on him.

This was another Openday loss in the 9th ugh what a way to lose. Bad Omen that our closer blew the save?

Wasn't it 2008 that Gagne served up the tater to Fukudome?

Good omen methinks. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

We won that game in extras, though.

very tough way to start the season...

positives: Saito looked pretty good after a shaky start to his inning, that slider is nasty! Nieves played well. Gallardo pitched very well, overall, and of course Braun & Weeks had great games

I hate that when they went into the 9th up by 3 the only thing I could think was "this could be terrible," and that I was right. I don't want to feel that way, and I don't want to be a pessimist, but the Brewers make it hard.
You may run like Mays...

I hate that when they went into the 9th up by 3 the only thing I could think was "this could be terrible," and that I was right. I don't want to feel that way, and I don't want to be a pessimist, but the Brewers make it hard.

Yes they do. I've been watching this team since 1990, and over that time, they've made it impossible for me to be optimistic in any situation. Maybe it's just perception, but it just feels like they always find a way to fail.

In an effort to be optimistic, really the only person that played poorly was Axford. He really only threw one good pitch. He's lucky that Phillips was held to a single, that Gomez was manning CF for the second out. The only bad thing is I wish that 350 ft single was 360 ft homerun. Maybe Axford would have gotten yanked. Its pretty hard to blow a 3-run lead in the 9th unless you walk people or give up bombs. Axford did both. If we take the next two maybe we'll forget all about this debacle...maybe. I'm gonna be pissed if we lose the division by one game to the Reds, thats for sure.
Formerly Uecker Quit Usingers

What a letdown. McGehee has got to get an out on that groundball.

If it's in the air in Cincy, it has a chance...I didn't think Hernandez hit that ball well enough to get it out.

That's a look at the Brewers though...plenty of HR power, a defensive mistake at a crucial time...love 'em or hate 'em...there will be more wild games like this one.

Archived