Brewer Fanatic

Opening Day Thursday -- What are your plans?

RobDeer 45

I won't be able to watch opening day live for the first time in years due to starting a new job this week. I've got the DVR already set and I'm going to try not to find out anything about the game until I watch it. However, I think the chances of me making it past 1:20 without checking the score are slim to none.

DVR'd.

Sincerely believe this will be a special season. And by "special" I mean down-to-the-end drama like we had in 2008. I've got the typical pre-season optimism and ready to watch baseball every day for the next 6 months. Can't wait. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Working from home ie: laptop open and responding to pressing matters only while I throw a steak on the grill and watch the crew in New Mexico.

So stoked. Flying back to MKE on Friday for a crazy weekend with my buddy culminating in Opening Day.

I'm rocking a ball-glove t-shirt at the library today. I have an eye exam in a few hours and will talk baseball with the eye doctor. Then if he dilates my pupils, I'll have no choice but to stay home the rest of the day. But if he doesn't, I do need to return to the library (and Gameday), as I am taking next week off for the start of the home season. Life in the fast lane!
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I was originally planning on taking the day off and introducing my son to his first Opening Day, but I couldn't get the day off.

I'll be listening to Bob and Cory for most of the game. Might take a late lunch and watch the first couple innings at Mo's in 'Tosa.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I should put a "meeting" on my work schedule so no one bothers me while I Gameday it. But alas, I do need to work...

Hawing, I'm very concerned for your retina health. So please make sure your eye dr. examines them well (which of course means they must be dialated!). http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I3K, hopefully there is nothing for you to yell "Come On!" about as that is hard on your throat. "Woo-HOO" and "YeSSSSS" are much gentler to yell.

boiling some brats in beer and grilling them in my backyard prior to the game.

then i'll see how clear the wevr signal (hudson, wi) comes in to minneapolis . . . or tune in to bob & cory via gameday audio. i prefer the former, because it's closest to real time.

DJ, I too have had to fight that signal coming in to MNPLS for a few years now! haha. Works pretty good in my car but can be touchy in the house.

I can't wait for this in game thread to get up!!!! Please hurry, I feel like I have bugs crawling on my skin and the only cure is in game thread......or more cowbell.

Got it DVR'd at home. Will watch after school today. Made sure not to schedule my after school choir for today so I could go home earlier than normal on a Thursday.

Making some grilled chicken and having a couple of beers, otherwise. Brats are on the Monday menu.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived