Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion

brewers19
  • Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny. I expected them to turn around their season with sweeping the Brewers, not before. That's the way it seems to happen. Rockies in '09. Giants in '10.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I still remember the Marlins of '03. Late May, here at Miller Park, a team I thought was bad came in and embarrassed us. They then went on to win it all.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Verified Member

Jemile Weeks made his major league debut today.

The odd thing about that, he hit lead off in his first game. He went 0-4.

The even odder thing, the lead off hitter of their opponent was JJ Hardy. He lead off the game with a homer.

That's really unfair. He was an exceptional young arm, and pitched incredibly well -- 100.1 IP of 2.60 ERA (10+ K/9, too) at age 22 in the AL East. I swear some people are obsessed with how ESPN is the devil. I don't care much for ESPN, but sheesh. If Joba had been a Brewers pitcher, we would've been gushing over him, and rightfully so.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

This series & roadtrip makes me lament the fact that Darwin Barney plays for the Cubs & not Red Sox. That name would be instant gold out there.
When I hear Darwin Barney, I think 5'4" dweeb in high school who will live with his parents until he's 37 years old.

Jose Bautista has struggled as of late, he's now down to a measly 4.7 WAR on the season (down from 5.0). Maybe they'll take Yuni for him.

funny how baseball works sometimes . . . Brewers lose 3 of 4 to the Cubs, and still managed to GAIN a half game in the standings!

Oh, and another balk off tonight, this time the Braves win on a DJ Carrasco balk.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The Marlins are going to name Jack McKeon as interim manager. He's 80, and he had trouble remembering his players names when he last managed 6 years ago!

This is why I buy the Extra Innings package.

Did CC Sabathia have as much of a gut when he played for the Brewers as he appeared to have in tonight's game vs. the Cubs?

Is that all Subway? Man.

I noticed the same thing. In the video of him hitting his homer with Cleveland he looked quite a bit thinner.

Nice writeup on Jemile Weeks;

Jemile has already earned an ardent following in a short time in the Bay Area. When Hall of Famer and stolen base king Rickey Henderson recently showed up to work with the Oakland position players on base stealing and pronounced Weeks “exciting,’’ it was enough to make a rookie’s head spin.

“It was just flattering,’’ Weeks said. “You just sit back and say, ‘Wow. Rickey Henderson said that about me.' It’s just a great feeling. I can’t really put it into words.’’

Two weeks and 47 at-bats into his tenure with the A’s, Jemile Weeks doesn’t need many words to express himself. His game is speaking quite eloquently on his behalf.

Full Story

Archived