Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion

brewers19
  • Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very unclassy of the Rockies. They should have stopped once they had scored five runs in order to keep the game competitive and fair. Tony LaRussa should probably punch Jim Tracy over this offense, and Yadier Molina should make sure to share some choice words with Colorado batters today.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Was just looking at the Brewers upcoming schedule and noticed they (as well as the Marlins) have an off day on Thursday yet play a 4 game series with the Marlins that goes until Monday. Am I missing some obvious reason as to why they would schedule it like this instead of the typical Thursday thru Sunday 4 game series?

Verified Member
Florida plays in Arizona from Mon-Wed, so it makes sense that they would have an off day the next day. Of course the Brewers played back-to-back night games in San Diego and Milwaukee last week, but I do think that they try to avoid that sort of thing.

Carlos Marmol got rocked by the worst in the NL Astros, giving up 6 runs in the 9th. The Cubs have to try to prevent a sweep tomorrow. The cubs have had a horrible May, only winning three series(3-6-1 on the month). Next couple of weeks won't be much easier, as they play the @Cards, @Reds, @Phillies, Brewers, and Yankees before facing a team below .500(@White Sox).

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Carlos Marmol got rocked by the worst in the NL Astros, giving up 6 runs in the 9th. The Cubs have to try to prevent a sweep tomorrow. The cubs have had a horrible May, only winning three series(3-6-1 on the month). Next couple of weeks won't be much easier, as they play the @Cards, @Reds, @Phillies, Brewers, and Yankees before facing a team below .500(@White Sox).

I think I read that the Cubs had not won 3 games in a row all season. That is pretty rough.

I am surprised to see the Marlins are doing so well. Is it great relief pitching, because I didnt look at those stats? Their hitting is not the greatest (18th in OPS) and Ramirez is having a brutal start. The top 3 of their rotation is very good so that must be it, but their 4 and 5 are nothing special. Their team era is 12th ahead of the Brewers by one spot. There is no way I see that team maintaining what they are doing. I think the Braves are the team to beat if we need to go for the wild card.

Florida plays in Arizona from Mon-Wed, so it makes sense that they would have an off day the next day. Of course the Brewers played back-to-back night games in San Diego and Milwaukee last week, but I do think that they try to avoid that sort of thing.

I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure there's a rule as part of the MLBPA agreement saying teams can't play games on back-to-back days in the Pacific and Eastern time zones.

Tyler Colvin's BA is down to a spectacular .099. Thats right, UNDER 100! So I guess for guys like Betancourt, Gomez, and even Nieves, it could be going worse.

And another out drops it to .097.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Interesting year with no team having an outstanding record. With Cleveland and Philly struggling of lat there are a lot of teams - 10 in fact - within 2 games of the best record in baseball. That means a third of the league is within 2 games! After their brutal start the Brewers sit 2 games back of the leaders Cleveland, Philly, and St. Louis. The biggest surprises of the top 10 have to Cleveland, Arizona and Florida. Not a lot of love for those 3 coming into the year.

Tyler Colvin's BA is down to a spectacular .099. Thats right, UNDER 100! So I guess for guys like Betancourt, Gomez, and even Nieves, it could be going worse.

And another out drops it to .097.

His BABIP is .098. That's epic. It's like a perfect storm of suck for Colvin this season.

Why must they suck so much? STL and CIN are both 4-1 against the Cubs.

His BABIP is .098. That's epic. It's like a perfect storm of suck for Colvin this season.

Why must they suck so much? STL and CIN are both 4-1 against the Cubs.

as long as we, too, can whip up on the Cubs I won't complain.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Per the Washington Post: the Bautista all-stars (most HRs last two years by position):

C Napoli 36

1B Pujols 52

2B Cano, Uggla 40

3B Beltre, Reynolds, A-Rod 39

SS Tulowitzki 38

OF Bautista 74

Bruce 42

Ca. Gonzales 42

DH Ortiz 45

P Gallardo 5

This I thought was interesting. Saturdays game vs. The Phillies was the largest crowd ever at PNC Park.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110604&content_id=20026726&notebook_id=20051732&vkey=notebook_pit&c_id=pit

I saw that on ESPN last night and I thought to myself, since it was against Philly, I wouldn't doubt if half of them were Philly fans, so only about a 5k jump from the normal Pirates crowd.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Right on time, the annual Carlos Zambrano June Meltdown!

After Carlos Marmol blew a win for Zambrano and Albert Pujols won it with a leadoff home run in the 10th, Zambrano lambasted the Cubs as "embarrassing" and a "Triple-A team," while questioning Marmol's pitch selection on Ryan Theriot's game-tying hit.

"The problem wasn't Pujols," Zambrano said. "The problem was the (game-tying) at-bat. We should know better than this. We play like a Triple-A team. This is embarrassing, embarrassing for the team and the owners. Embarrassing for the fans. Embarrassed -- that's the word for this team.

"We should know better than this. We should know better than what we (did) on the field. We should know that Ryan Theriot is not a good fastball hitter. We should know that as a team. We should play better here. We stink. That's all I've got to say."

Zambrano was referring to Marmol shaking off catcher Koyie Hill's call for a fastball with two outs in the ninth and the tying run on first.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Right on time, the annual Carlos Zambrano June Meltdown!

After Carlos Marmol blew a win for Zambrano and Albert Pujols won it with a leadoff home run in the 10th, Zambrano lambasted the Cubs as "embarrassing" and a "Triple-A team," while questioning Marmol's pitch selection on Ryan Theriot's game-tying hit.

"The problem wasn't Pujols," Zambrano said. "The problem was the (game-tying) at-bat. We should know better than this. We play like a Triple-A team. This is embarrassing, embarrassing for the team and the owners. Embarrassing for the fans. Embarrassed -- that's the word for this team.

"We should know better than this. We should know better than what we (did) on the field. We should know that Ryan Theriot is not a good fastball hitter. We should know that as a team. We should play better here. We stink. That's all I've got to say."

Zambrano was referring to Marmol shaking off catcher Koyie Hill's call for a fastball with two outs in the ninth and the tying run on first.

Soooo---doesn't that mean that Zambrano is a AAA ace?

Community Moderator

The Cubs are in big trouble. I wonder if they will unload at the deadline. Zambrano has a no-trade clause but I'm sure he would accept if he got traded to a winning team.

Also, now is the time to go to Wrigley. The Cubs are down 3,600 fans/game this year...so far. Tickets for the Brewers-Cubs series next week are as low as $7-15 on Stubhub.

don't even mess with stubhub - it's to the point where you can show up at wrigley and wait until the game starts, then land decent seats for $5 or less from some of the 2ndary ticket market vendors employed by the cubs themselves just so they can get more butts in the seats to buy concessions.

the rabid cubby swagger from the early 2000's is long gone.

Archived