Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion

brewers19
  • Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would agree that he's a decent athlete, and not a bad runner, but he's a terrible defender.

Although, you know what? For all we complain about the NY & BOS hype that players get, let's just keep quiet on this one & let ESPN's hype machine plug away in favor of Fielder.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Although, you know what? For all we complain about the NY & BOS hype that players get, let's just keep quiet on this one & let ESPN's hype machine plug away in favor of Fielder.
Obviously just getting ready for when hes playing for one of those teams next year.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Prince is a pretty decent runner for such a big guy; when he builds up a head of steam, he can motor a tad. And he always runs hard, which is what matters to me.

But yeah, he's not a good defender. I don't think he's quite as bad as people make him out to be (eye test), but he's not good.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The pitching machine will be throwing out tonight's opening pitch...
Whomever did theJSOnline Wednesday Game report gave me a good laugh...

• You don't see this every day. A robot threw out the ceremonial first

pitch to the Philly Phanatic, and bounced it. Of course, Phillies fans

booed him. That, you do see every day.

Fielder was dead last last year in MLB on going from 1st to 3rd on a single. That doesn't scream "Good Baserunner" to me. He went from 1st to 3rd single exactly one time last year. That being said he doesn't make too many stupid mistakes either.

There's a difference between being not being a good baserunner and just not being fast enough to go from first to third. Nobody is saying Prince is Paul Molitor out there, but I think most can agree that for a guy his size, he runs pretty well, even if it is still pretty slow on an absolute scale.

Got a good chuckle at the Davies article.

Jose Bautista hits baseballs very hard. Hitting .359/.506/.750/1.256 to start the year.

Players Yuniesky Betancourt is out-WARring this year:

Carl Crawford

Raul Ibanez

Mark Reynolds

Nick Markakis

Marlon Byrd

Hanley Ramirez

Okay, that's not a Yuni compliment from me, more just a reminder that even very good players can have a horrible month.

Kruk just called OPS as the most overrated stat in hitting.

It certainly can't compare to AVG or RBI...

But yeah OPS is overrated by a lot of people, it really isn't a magical super stat. Just funny coming from someone like that.

Is it wrong that I'm actively rooting against Ethier so that he doesn't surpass Paul Molitor's hitting streak? I always try to conjure up bad juju for players when they get into the 20's so that they don't pass Molitor.

Verified Member

So, Francisco Liriano might have been the worst starting pitcher in baseball in April, but he goes out and throws 5+ (and counting) no-hit innings against the White Sox, albeit with 4 BBs. Baseball is a funny game.

Also, I posted this in the in-game thread, but I'll ask here too-- Is there any reason why we wouldn't go Marcum-Greinke tomorrow? And then use Estrada to back up Greinke in order to keep Zack on a strict pitch count? This could likely save the bullpen a bit too.

Also, I posted this in the in-game thread, but I'll ask here too-- Is there any reason why we wouldn't go Marcum-Greinke tomorrow? And then use Estrada to back up Greinke in order to keep Zack on a strict pitch count? This could likely save the bullpen a bit too.

Probably because they want to send Estrada down after his start to make room for Greinke.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Anyone else catch Joe West antics last night? After Angel Hernandez tossed Terry Francona Joe decided the game didn't have enough West so he inserted himself into the situation and consistently grabbed and bumped Francona. Terry will probably get a suspension and nothing for West. What a terrible umpire.

Archived