Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion

brewers19
  • Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Josh Hamilton out 6-8 weeks after hurting his shoulder sliding headfirst into home plate. He blames the 3rd base coach.

I was having lunch with my brother today and Hamilton came up in the discussion. He told me he HATES him more than anybody else in baseball currently playing(he even compared him to Sheffield). After hearing about this, i'm starting to get it.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I was always pretty skeptical of Hamilton's "success/comeback story" from the moment Cincy traded him. Then came the pictures from the "one isolated incident" that Josh happened to go out and get hammered and do a bunch of body shots with half naked coeds. How unlucky that someone was there with a camera the "one and only" time he has ever slipped up in his whole time sober. And now this. That's a real holy thing you did there Josh, throwing your coach under the bus. I'm sure the religion you "found" after all your troubles would certainly approve of such behavior. Dude is a FRAUD.

Agreed. I can't stand the guy. Part of the problem is that the sports media always looks for that story. Like with guys like Vick. Why does it have to be jammed down our throats that he's a "good guy" or how much he has "changed" now? He's the same guy he always was (like being at that party where the guy got shot before the season - which was conveniently ignored once he started playing well), just better at playing football now. Why can't that be enough? Same goes for Hamilton and loads of other athletes. It's sickening.

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp309/npascare2/Wilson_DP2.gif

From last week, but easily the play of the year so far.

Agreed with you guys on Hamilton....have hated him and his story since day 1.

After deadspin leaked his little spring training night out last year, a commenter basically summed up the situation perfectly imo..."Throw the bum outta the league!!!" /casualfan.jpg if Hambone wasn't a good ole southern boy.

Well at first Hamilton said he was still angry and wouldn't apologize:

"Dumb," Hamilton said Wednesday morning, speaking to news reporters. "People are going to blame who they want to blame. I threw him under the bus by telling the truth about what happened."

but someone got to him because he did apologize:

"I let my emotions get ahead of thinking things through," Hamilton said. "The more I think about it, the more I understand that I take responsibility for what happened because I had the choice not to go or the choice to go. I just appreciate Dave having confidence in my ability to think I could make that play."

Or maybe the problem was the way you decided to slide? Anyway I'm not surprised or bothered he thinks like this but I'm shocked he didn't realize that he shouldn't have gone to the media with any of it. Whatever. Even though I was never enamored with The Josh Hamilton Story, I do applaud him staying clean.

Verlander's pickoff attempt. I like how Martinez looked at him afterwards.

lol thanks for posting. One of the oddest clips I've ever seen....it's almost like everyone's been drugged. Verlander seems completely outta it, Braden is in a trance in the dugout just staring on. Judging by his reaction, the only one who seems with it is Martinez.

Alcides Escobar made a fantastic play tonight, robbing another former Brewer -- Michael Brantley -- of a leadoff hit. Seeing this clip made me check out Escobar's other highlights this season, and wow. How about this throw, and does this play look familiar?

Wow, thanks for posting those.

Escobar wasn't the defensive wizard last year with us as many were so waiting to see and his hitting was abysmal, but he has the near perfect type of lanky build for a shortstop, a great arm, and really good lateral agility. Those are the type of tools at least to be very good to special defensively.

I do wonder what happened with his bat though? Yea, he's still quite young and like Betancourt Alcides never showed patience at the plate in the minors which is a bad sign for most players as they transition to the big leagues, but he was roughly a .300 hitter during his last three seasons in the minors.

Escobar wasn't the defensive wizard last year with us as many were so waiting to see

But he was a very young player that obviously projected to improve going forward. I think the expectations were just way too high for him last season amongst Brewers fans. His defense alone will make him more valuable than Betancourt this season. I hope he can start to hit, though. It'll sting if he does, but I wish the best for him, and frankly, the Royals.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived