Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion

brewers19

Marlins sentLogan Morrison to AAA today; what a completely inept organization. Morrison has an OPS near .800 as a 23 year old. And we thought sending Hardy down was questionable.

If there was ever a transaction that the MLBPA should file a greivance on it is this one. He has been one of the best players on a pretty crappy team

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Marlins sentLogan Morrison to AAA today; what a completely inept organization. Morrison has an OPS near .800 as a 23 year old. And we thought sending Hardy down was questionable.

If there was ever a transaction that the MLBPA should file a greivance on it is this one. He has been one of the best players on a pretty crappy team

http://www.jsonline.com/b.../fanblogs/127698383.html

Some guy on the JS fanblog thinks the Brewer should maybe possibly think about looking into Morrison.

This is why you should never watch espn for baseball. I think several analyst at MLB Network had the Brewers picked for the division, wild card, or at least in the race. Plesac may have had them going all the way.

+1 The ESPN talking heads are a joke.....and biased

I like most of the MLB Network crew....but please, please get rid of Kevin Millar & Jerry Manuel .....and give me more Peter Gammons & especially the guys from Baseball America

Prince needs 44 more hits to get to his career 1,000th hit. I know it's sort of stupid and arbitrary, but I want to see Prince get his 1,000th hit as a Brewer. At his current rate, it's probably going to be very close. Purple Reign, baby...go Prince.

Houston is 8 games away from being mathematically eliminated. This got me thinking about two things. A) What is the earliest that a team has ever been mathematically eliminated? and B) How many times has a team been eliminated in August? Seems like that would be fairly rare...but maybe not.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Houston is 8 games away from being mathematically eliminated. This got me thinking about two things. A) What is the earliest that a team has ever been mathematically eliminated?
From a little googling, I found that the 1899 Cleveland Spiders were eliminated after 105 games. They were 17-88 and were behind Brooklyn, who had a record of 67-34. Brooklyn had 53 games to play and was up 54 games in the loss column. Crazy!!

Here's a post from a different forum by a Giants fan I'm acquainted with:

This is [...] ridiculous with the injuries.

2 more Giants hit the DL today, Beltran and stud reliever Sergio Romo

Plus Schierholtz is out today as he gets an MRI because he may have broke his foot with a foul ball last night

Plus 2B Keppinger is out today as he gets an MRI on a possible wrist injury

Sandoval is in, but dinged up after a foul off his foot

I suppose it's just the biggest possible sway in karma compared to last year, but this is [...] bananas.

Rowand is now hurt too. Granted that's actually good news, but ridiculous.

Looking like the Giants might not be as imposing down the stretch

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

For some reason I just stared at the old Brewers ball and glove logo. Good lord is it amazing. I mean, I've always loved it, but holy cow. It's a work of art. I don't know why I'm all of a sudden so blow away, but I am.

For some reason I just stared at the old Brewers ball and glove logo. Good lord is it amazing. I mean, I've always loved it, but holy cow. It's a work of art. I don't know why I'm all of a sudden so blow away, but I am.
Forgive me for asking, but do you also have the munchies? I mean, I know it's amazing, but blown away?
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1051923130932&id=85167472962cb865a3166066ec1ae6e7

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I do have the munchies, but not for those reasons. I am very anti-drug, actually. I think it's just because I'm tired.

Looking back at my post, I can see how one might get that idea. Ah, the internet. Where everything lasts forever.

The Brewers have moved into #4 on the ESPN power rankings this week. But unfortunately, I decided to read the comments and now my IQ feels like it dropped about 20 points.
Never read comments on any internet article or Youtube video.

The Brewers have moved into #4 on the ESPN power rankings this week. But unfortunately, I decided to read the comments and now my IQ feels like it dropped about 20 points.
I tend to think rankings are pretty pointless. That said, I sat down and ranked all the MLB teams on espn.com in the fan poll, putting the Brewers #1 and all the other competing teams at the bottom. I clicked submit and to my surprise the Brewers were ranked #1 overall in the fan vote. I guess I'm not the only Brewer fan with too much time on his hands.

Archived