Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion

brewers19
if Kruk can back that up with something intelligent to say about it, that would mark the first time he's ever said anything that wasn't cliche or idiotic. he's Joe Morgan v.2.0, and I get the impression he only ever says what his producers tell him to say. for a guy who used to play baseball, he doesn't seem to have any actual depth of knowledge about baseball.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone else catch Scott Rolen (I think that's who it was) not high-fiving Brian Wilson in the high-five line tonight after the end of the ASG? Anyone know what that's about (if anything)?
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Did anyone else catch Scott Rolen (I think that's who it was) not high-fiving Brian Wilson in the high-five line tonight after the end of the ASG? Anyone know what that's about (if anything)?

It looked like he just wasn't paying attention and then tried to reach back after he walked past him.

Though..Rolen was a Card, so he may have deemed Wilson not worthy due to a lack of class...

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Finally got a chance to watch the Futures Game. Bryce (um you know) Harper (you know) (uh) apparently (you know) went to the (you know) Prince Fielder School of (um you know) Public Speaking.

He is a 19 year old kid....

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

It looked like he just wasn't paying attention and then tried to reach back after he walked past him.

So he lines up for the high-five line, and isn't paying attention to give the first guy, the pitcher who closed out the game, a high five? I could easily be reading way too much into this, but it just stood out as really odd to me.

EDIT: Also, two things. 1) Heath Bell had a sweet Yoda backpack. Heath Bell rules for this. 2) I need to get myself one of those Yoda backpacks.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

FSNWI showed this last night during the broadcast...but it needs to be reposted. Witnessing a 491 foot homerun must be epic. Young has the same reaction that I did when he butchered Yuni's inside-the -parker at Miller Park a few weeks back.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/663567/ThomeYoung.gif.opt_medium.gif

I have think Jack Z is on a very hot seat in Seattle. 13 losses in a row after reaching .500. They are now tied for the 3rd worst record in the AL after having the worst record last year. They are not in an overly tough division and they are not competitive at all. I am not sure if they will give him another year since they are a rather young team and I am not sure how good their minor league system is, but it has been a rough start for the guy at least some here wanted as our GM.

I would take him back as our scouting director in a heartbeat.

the thing about Seattle is they were an absolutely terrible offensive club last year and they are on pace to be even worse this year.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Listening to Mitch Williams on the Fox broadcast right now is brutal. 1st and 2nd nobody out for the Braves with Alex Gonzalez, the 7th hitter. Williams says that it should be obvious to bunt because "runs are at a premium this year and the left hander Nate McLouth is on deck." Nevermind that they could easily intentionally walk McLouth to face the pitcher which very likely leads to at least two outs and then he gets to face Prado with a chance to end the inning.

Listening to the Fox broadcast and the broadcast team showed the following statistic as an example of how good Brian McCann is: Brian McCann is the 7th fastest catcher to 500 RBI's. Seriously? The guy slugs almost .500 for his career and that's the best you can do?

Ben Maller on Fox Sports Radio.

"It's like those sabermetric geeks who only focus on ERA and WHIP instead of wins and losses."

i was listening tonight and heard him say that, too. i said a few choice words at him and then immediately turned the channel.

I wonder if Maller knows how to calculate ERA. It does require knowledge of 5th grade math.

The Mariners are horrible. I was one of those foolish nerds who thought they would be awesome a couple years ago. At the time, I must have forgotten that scoring runs is important to winning baseball games.

They just gave up a 2-run lead in the 1st, and trail 3-2. This could be 14 losses in a row.

Ben Maller on Fox Sports Radio.

"It's like those sabermetric geeks who only focus on ERA and WHIP instead of wins and losses."

Doesn't everyone know that winning is the most important thing? Come on! 15-12, 2-1, a win is a win!

Strange to NOT see the Brewers tagged in every starting pitcher trade rumor.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Archived