Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion

brewers19
It's only the Friday games they are considering moving to 7:40. I'm guessing it's a way to attract more people from the Madison/Green Bay/Fox Valley areas who wouldn't normally go to a weeknight game by giving them more time after work to get to the ballpark. Plus, being a Friday night with no work the next morning, they can stay later, so the game finishing at 11 wouldn't be a problem. Not sure why they are considering moving Sunday start times, as during the summer those are almost always sellouts, and what's the difference between 1:10 and 1:40? I did take the survey last week and voted no to both changes.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Reds beat the Cards and the game just ended. They will be getting to Milwaukee pretty late. Meanwhile, our players are at home sleeping or relaxing in the process, so hopefully that becomes an advantage. Also, the Reds emptied their bullpen tonight.

For some reason I have a hard time believing Tony Plush goes to bed before 3am. The bullpen use tonight by the Reds is nice though. I am definitely hoping for and expecting a good series from the Crew coming up.

Well, Reds beat the Cards and the game just ended. They will be getting to Milwaukee pretty late. Meanwhile, our players are at home sleeping or relaxing in the process, so hopefully that becomes an advantage. Also, the Reds emptied their bullpen tonight.

For some reason I have a hard time believing Tony Plush goes to bed before 3am. The bullpen use tonight by the Reds is nice though. I am definitely hoping for and expecting a good series from the Crew coming up.

Hey, either way he'll be more rested than the Reds. It's all good.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Not sure why they are considering moving Sunday start times, as during the summer those are almost always sellouts, and what's the difference between 1:10 and 1:40?

Perhaps to give churchgoers more time to get to the stadium?

The change in Sunday games wouldn't bother me that much, but as someone who drives a decent distance to get to Miller Park, I wouldn't be really excited about Friday games getting pushed back a half hour. Would make getting home after the game even later than it already is.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

A fan at a Rangers game dies when Josh Hamilton through a ball into the stands and he reached over and fell to his death. A couple notes...

1) Any chance Hamilton gets sued? I have seen odder/more frivolous lawsuits.

2) Anyway that this gets into his head?

I am not saying this is his fault, it really isn't, but you know how the media is nowadays.

Rumor has it that Kendall will retire so he can focus on his musical career with the hardcore band "Rewind Yourself."

I thought the band was going to be Dave Kerwin with Rewind Yourself as his first single.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Anyone else catch the David Ortiz/kevin Gregg fight? That's the first time I've ever seen not one but two players tossed from a game while the ball is in play. Both Ortiz and Gregg were fighting before the fly ball was caught. And the final out of the inning was because the runner on third ran in to fight and was called out for leaving the baseline.

Just wanted to say that Family Day was fun to watch at the ballpark yesterday. I didn't realize it was scheduled for the game, but seeing the players interacting with their kids before the game (kids accompanied their dads on-field for the National Anthem) was really cool. And Yo Jr. threw a strike for the first pitch! Off the mound, no less. He was having a blast the whole time, throwing the ball up to himself to catch & just generally soaking it all up.

Also, it's scary how much Prince's youngest looks like daddy. I can't remember his name (iirc the eldest son is Jayden), but good lord, it's mini-Prince.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Matt Garza is still getting play from this quote after the Cubs big comeback win on Thursday;

“They say we’re down and out, but I don’t think so,’’ Garza said. “We’re right where we need to be right now to make a good run.’’

18 games under .500, 12 games out of first, is right where you need to be?

Finally got a chance to watch the Futures Game. Bryce (um you know) Harper (you know) (uh) apparently (you know) went to the (you know) Prince Fielder School of (um you know) Public Speaking.

Just wanted to say that Family Day was fun to watch at the ballpark yesterday. I didn't realize it was scheduled for the game, but seeing the players interacting with their kids before the game (kids accompanied their dads on-field for the National Anthem) was really cool. And Yo Jr. threw a strike for the first pitch! Off the mound, no less. He was having a blast the whole time, throwing the ball up to himself to catch & just generally soaking it all up.

Also, it's scary how much Prince's youngest looks like daddy. I can't remember his name (iirc the eldest son is Jayden), but good lord, it's mini-Prince.

The families then went to the Air Tran airway. The kids were a blast. As they were walking in from the field, the guy to my left called for the ball. Yo Jr. threw a perfect strike to him from the field, over the Air Tran area, and into the bleachers. I sit near the steps leading down. When the kids got into the area, we called them up the stairs. He got Yo Jr. to sign the ball (as we realized that was the ball he used for the first pitch) and people took pictures of the kids. The kids (especially Jayden and Yo) loved the attention. Then the kids started playing around. Jayden had the windup of a major league pitcher, he looked pretty good. My favorite memory is of a group of kids sitting at the bar drinking soda. They all had their daddy's jersey on. There were little Fielders, Gallardos and Harts just sitting at the bar watching baseball. It was real cute.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

My favorite memory is of a group of kids sitting at the bar drinking soda. They all had their daddy's jersey on. There were little Fielders, Gallardos and Harts just sitting at the bar watching baseball. It was real cute.

That's awesome. I didn't notice that they headed out there for the rest of the game. They must've had a great time http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

John Kruk was discussing the lineups for the All-Star game and said that Weeks shouldn't be hitting lead off because "he's not a lead off hitter." While I agree with that statement he's only been hitting lead off for Milwaukee for what, 3 years now?

More than 3. Pretty much his whole career.

Archived