Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion

brewers19
Also, Billy Ripken played some 2B but I don't know if he ever played with Cal at SS.
They were the double play combo when the O's had their epic losing streak to start the 1988 season.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, Billy Ripken played some 2B but I don't know if he ever played with Cal at SS.
They were the double play combo when the O's had their epic losing streak to start the 1988 season.
That's still pretty neat. Being a hockey fan (and Canucks fan) I love watching the Sedin twins play on the same line and I love the story of the Sutters (there were 5 of them who made the NHL, 1 who didn't, poor guy).

I'm cheering for Pudge Rodriguez to cling to a backup catcher job long enough to play with his son, Ivan (Dereck), who was drafted in the 6th round by the Twins.

On a slight tangent, Pudge is a great player. Total stud.

The awesomeness of Steve Phillips continues

I also had no idea that the CBA expires in December. I would assume that is a good thing and MLB won't be going the route of the NFL/NBA? I am still confident the NFL CBA will be done with no games lost but this NBA CBA looks to be a nightmare.

Al Michaels and Bob Costas will call the Mets/Giants game on 7/8 for MLB Network. It's the first time the they have ever called an MLB game together, and it will be first time Michaels calls an MLB game since 1995. Should be pretty cool, and since it's a West Coast start, it won't interfere too much with the Brewer game that night, so we'll be able to watch both.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/a...4&vkey=&c_id=mlb

Jon Rauch went "Nuclear Meltdown!" up in Toronto vs the Phillies today. He's one huge dude that I wouldn't want to tick off. He actually tossed his coach out of the way to chew up the ump. Priceless!
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

This is Brewers news, but I didn't know where else to put it. Excuse me if this is covered elsewhere.

The Brewers sent online surveys to season ticket holders. One of the questions is whether I would want Friday games to start at 7:40 pm instead of 7:10. Another question was whether I would want Sunday games to start at 1:40 instead of 1:10. So be prepared for new start times next year if they got positive feedback.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

when I was a kid, all start times for the Brewers and most MLB games was 1:30 and 7:30 local time. I'm not opposed to the changes, per say, but I've become so accustomed to the 1:00/7:00 starts (11:00am and 5:00pm for me) that it'd be weird at first.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I really dislike the _:10 start times; I prefer the _:05 start times. Inevitably I always tune in to a 7:10 game at 7:02 and then waste 8 minutes listening to adverts, rather than 3 minutes for a 7:05 game. If I tune in to the start of 30 _:10 games per year, that's two hours per year that I could have done something unproductive with.

I hope they don't switch the game times to 7:40 next year. As an early to bed/early riser, I don't like having to stay up until 11:15 ET to catch the conclusion of a game.

I really dislike the _:10 start times; I prefer the _:05 start times. Inevitably I always tune in to a 7:10 game at 7:02 and then waste 8 minutes listening to adverts, rather than 3 minutes for a 7:05 game. If I tune in to the start of 30 _:10 games per year, that's two hours per year that I could have done something unproductive with.

I hope they don't switch the game times to 7:40 next year. As an early to bed/early riser, I don't like having to stay up until 11:15 ET to catch the conclusion of a game.

Back when the games were at 7:05, the first pitch was never until about 7:08 or 7:09. Now the games actually start at exactly 7:10, so it's actually right at least. I know exactly when the game will start.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Archived