Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB News And Discussion

brewers19

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This goes more along the lines of MLB stupidity. In the SI AL East preview they give their best and worst case scenarios for each team. The best case for the Yankees is the offense is great and they trade for Josh Johnson. Really SI? The season hasn't even started yet and you're already predicting the next Yankee talent steal.

Community Moderator

Speaking of the Indians, that crowd of 8,726 on Sunday was really bad. It broke the previous record of 9,853 which stood for less than 24 hours. So much for the city that sold out 400+ straight games, although you would imagine that the numbers will go up next year when people unload their Cavs tickets.

Even the Cubs look to be in for a down year for attendance, with only 26,000 paid for yesterday's game. It looked more like about 15,000 in the stands which is the most empty I have seen Wrigley in a while.

Can anyone list any possible way to watch the game tonight if you live in state but not in Milwaukee?

My God I hate the Bucks so much, the ideal scenario would be to get rid of them and add an NHL team but I would still prefer to have no NBA just so I don't have to miss 4-5 brewer games.

I know charter had last Saturday's game on channel 87...but unfortunately Charter doesn't serve your area. There are always streaming websites that you can find...but the legality of those websites is questionable.

Even the Cubs look to be in for a down year for attendance, with only 26,000 paid for yesterday's game. It looked more like about 15,000 in the stands which is the most empty I have seen Wrigley in a while.

Another sign of lack of enthusiasm amongst Cub fans is the ready availability of tickets for their games here. As of about a week or so ago, I'd have had no problem (other than the Marquee prices) getting tickets from the team for the Saturday night game and that still seems to be the case. Stub Hub prices also show the lack of interest by cub fans, I think. I bought on stub hub for well below face value, even after adding the fees.

I'm watching MLB Network right now and they showed a great play by Escobar. Harold Reynolds then chimes in and says, "His talents were being wasted in Milwaukee."

To this, I thought, "Really? How?"

Mr. Reynolds answered it for me, informing me that the Brewers apparently had him playing in the outfield, when he should be at shortstop.

I'm watching MLB Network right now and they showed a great play by Escobar. Harold Reynolds then chimes in and says, "His talents were being wasted in Milwaukee."

To this, I thought, "Really? How?"

Mr. Reynolds answered it for me, informing me that the Brewers apparently had him playing in the outfield, when he should be at shortstop.

Haha, what a moron. Get you facts right before you make dumb statements like that Harold. The only talent he has is in the field, and obviously we didn't waste it. That's hilarious.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

He was obviously referring to those couple innings where he played center in that game where edmonds and gomez were both hurt, iirc. I think it was against pitt...can't find it now, this happened right?
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Baseball-reference.com shows total time played at all positions for all players. For clarity it shows Escobar at 17 total innings in the OF last year over 5 games, one started in RF. Compared to the 1151 innings played at SS, he wasted 1.4% of his playing time in the OF.

MLB network would be so much better if they got rid of Reynolds or at least toned down his impact on the shows. Mitch Williams really needs to go though, he is cringe worthy when he talks about baseball.

Archived