Brewer Fanatic

Opening Day in Miller Park First Pitch

I thought I had heard someone from the Packers was going to throw out a first pitch, but not sure if that was on Opening Day or not.
Hopefully it's Opening Day. People would go nuts if it was Rodgers throwing out the first pitch. Maybe throwing the belt after he throws it. That would be awesome.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I thought I had heard someone from the Packers was going to throw out a first pitch, but not sure if that was on Opening Day or not.
I saw something similar (I want to say Tramon Williams and Donald Driver), but it seems like something they might save for another day in that homestand. The home opener should be strictly baseball related, IMO, unless it's a special occasion like the President.

Would Selig count as "someone special?"

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I guess this depends on how people define "very special." If it's relating to the Brewers or baseball, I would think that Hank Aaron would be the person. If it's someone else, I guess it could be a lot of different people, but Rodgers would be who I would guess. Could be either one, but I don't know why they wouldn't just announce it.

I think after a super bowl, there isn't too many people out there that would be more special then the MVP. I think Rodgers would be by far the best and most exciting. Could you imagine that crowd????
Ik, it would be awesome. I don't think anyone would get a better reaction. Leave it to the Brewers to disappoint us though by building our hopes up for "someone special" and then having it be Selig or something.

Ack, what a way to destroy what should be a great day. This needs to be someone baseball related. Why not get a Bear to also throw out a pitch while they're at it?

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Based on the original poster typing his post on March 30, 1981 I was going to guess President Ronald Reagan or the crew of the Space Shuttle Columbia.

Then, based on the 2nd post from March 30, 2014 I was going to guess it was our new Alien Overlord or Nicolas Cage, star of the hit movie "2014: The Year After the Year After the 2012 Disaster."

The Packers would be great, as I remember the Patriots doing that 10 years ago in Boston. It was neat to see on TV.

Of course, another poster said, "Could you imagine that crowd?" but I can't because every Opening Day from Miller Park shows the stands about only 1/2 full at first pitch of the actual game, never mind the ceremonial first pitch and the anthem. I understand why they're only 1/2 full but, as a fan, I find that very embarrassing.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived