Brewer Fanatic

Closer sleepers

patrickgpe
all right so i had my fantasy baseball draft but couldn't attend due to bowling and didn't get any closers. picked up rauch off of waivers. all full time closers are gone. do you guys have any sleepers i can pick up now that can help me?

Clay Hensley
Tyler Clippard
Sergio Romo (closer for first week or two of season while Wilson is out)
McGee (I have down for winning Rays closer job by May 1st)
Mike Adams (Heath Bell could be traded by deadline)
Jose Contreras > Madson
Capps
Kimbral/Venters (one of these braves should still be out there? )
Fuentes while Bailey is out

I'm in a similar situation in one league. My only two "closers" were Lidge and Capps--which isn't going to work out great at least to start the season. To top it off, it's a head to head league with holds as a scoring category so there isn't much for relievers left on waivers. I'm just going to play with Sale, Mcgee, Benoit, Capps and Frasor and hope to win most of the K/9, Holds and WHIP categories and just chalk saves up as a lose.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

there's always several closers by the end of May who weren't expected to be closers who come completely out of no where. Saves in fantasy baseball is pretty much a category that I always punt on at drafts and pick up during the season.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

there's always several closers by the end of May who weren't expected to be closers who come completely out of no where. Saves in fantasy baseball is pretty much a category that I always punt on at drafts and pick up during the season.

Yea

Either pick a very proven guy like Mariano Rivera/Soria/Wilson types or wait until very late in the draft because using anything close to a pick in the first 10-14 rounds on a shaky closer situation is a major waste.

Archived