Brewer Fanatic

Bill Michaels out, Trenni in

MarquesJohnson2000
I dont think Trenni is that bad, but that being said, I cant stand her personality. She is very full of herself which is a huge downer. Her sports knowledge, whether male or female, is just average and her insight is limited.

I didnt listen to WTMJ with Michaels on and Trenni wont get me to tune in either. The only thing I listen to is actual Badger/Brewer/Packer games.

I can't say that I know Trenni, but I have met her twice and although the conversations were brief, she seemed far from full of herself. In fact, she seemed very nice and sincere. I think people on TV and radio have to act self confident. Maybe you are taking that as arrogance?

And agreed on Drew Olson, JB12. The guy is a total hack

Sports radio in general is a business for hacks. In this day and age, probably half (at least) the listenership watches and knows more about sports than the hosts - even on the national level. Radio hosts in general are about being a personality/entertainer rather than well-informed and reasoned sports enthusiast. They need to move the needle, sell ads, generate calls and participation, etc. So, that being said, if she's got something in those areas, she might succeed. It doesn't hurt that she's not a middle-aged fat guy, even in radio.

Sports radio in general is a business for hacks. In this day and age, probably half (at least) the listenership watches and knows more about sports than the hosts - even on the national level. Radio hosts in general are about being a personality/entertainer rather than well-informed and reasoned sports enthusiast. They need to move the needle, sell ads, generate calls and participation, etc. So, that being said, if she's got something in those areas, she might succeed. It doesn't hurt that she's not a middle-aged fat guy, even in radio.
Bingo. "Sports talk radio" is really code for "male oriented radio."
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I think she sometimes comes across a little full of herself, but nothing too extreme. As for her performances on the D-List, they were mostly bad, but she might be dragged down by the ineptitude she was working with. It is painful always listening to Olson trying to make a dumb Needles joke seem really funny, and this is coming from someone who likes him better than his partner. It used to almost make me mad that they were doing a job that I would really like to do and were so bad at it. The free food comment is spot on by the way. I haven't listened to that show much in the past 6 months thankfully.

As for Trenni, I wish her luck and it will be nice hearing a new voice. I hope that she has some good help, because I think it would be difficult for anyone taking a job where they would be responsible for so much material on their own.

I'd love to know what "national interest" he's been entertaining.
his ego was sky high this fall when he was getting put on national sports news as a source for packers/favre news the past couple summers. he probably thinks that will pan out into something.

i couldn't stand him. the guy would [expletive deleted by mod] basic facts like the number of teams in a sports league and things along those lines. if you don't know the answer to something, don't make something up.

-------------------------------------------------

EDIT: language… per FFE, please don't use "BS."

Thanks! --1992

-------------------------------------------------

Archived