Brewer Fanatic

Who plays SS for the Brewers in 2012?

RyDogg66
When allocating those FA dollars, keep in mind we'll for sure be looking to fill a huge hole at first base, and may also be looking for a CFer as well.

But if you signed Reyes, you'd be adding a premier player and could get by with a minimum wage Gamel at first and a relatively cheap Gomez in CF. I say go after Reyes. He's the best guy out there.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
When allocating those FA dollars, keep in mind we'll for sure be looking to fill a huge hole at first base, and may also be looking for a CFer as well.

But if you signed Reyes, you'd be adding a premier player and could get by with a minimum wage Gamel at first and a relatively cheap Gomez in CF. I say go after Reyes. He's the best guy out there.

Reyes dipped significantly on offense last year. His numbers were down across the board. I don't know if it's attributable to coming off an injury, but the thing that worries me most is his walk rate just plummeted last year. I'd want to see a big bounce back year from him this year or I'd not be wanting to commit a lot of dollars to the guy.

Reyes dipped significantly on offense last year. His numbers were down across the board. I don't know if it's attributable to coming off an injury, but the thing that worries me most is his walk rate just plummeted last year. I'd want to see a big bounce back year from him this year or I'd not be wanting to commit a lot of dollars to the guy.
He says he's committed to getting on base this year. That's pretty much his whole focus is OBP. We shall see....
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

He says he's committed to getting on base this year. That's pretty much his whole focus is OBP. We shall see....

Good talking point. And should be the focus, for a leadoff hitter. His walk rates used to be pretty good. He only took 31 walks last year. That concerns me. Batting average fluctuates a lot from year to year. Walk rate should not, for the most part.

Archived