Brewer Fanatic

Recommendations: Salt Lake City, UT

lcbj68c
Since we do this regularly, I thought I'd ask for any recommendations on visiting Salt Lake City, UT. Will be there for a conference but will seemingly be available in the evenings. Arriving on a Monday, leaving on a Friday. Lucky me that Nashville Sounds will be in town that week and I plan to take in two games. Other than that, I plan to hit the temple and Olympic park. Any other comments are appreciated.

it's too bad you're not going to be there in colder temperatures. the luge/bobsled course they built for the Olympics is available for public use.

i don't think i'm exaggerating to say that it's the dream of every single male on earth to try out a luge course at least once in their lives.

when I went to Norway, the bobsled/luge track was available in the warmer months as well. They had stuff on wheels so they can practice year round. No idea if that'd be available in SLC, too, though.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

One of the Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives was filmed there. A burger place was a family run operation with several Swedish looking daughters. They have a fry sauce that is half ketchup, half mayo...Guy points out that's Thousand Island to the rest of us.

One of my favorite Insomniacs was there too, as Dave tried to rip on the LDS's for standing in line at 2AM ordering their pizza and Sprites...and they all agreed with him, destroying the entire bit.

Archived