Brewer Fanatic

Manny Parra, LaTroy Hawkins placed on the 15-day DL retroactive to 3/22

And That

Hawkins to the 15 day DL, too, sayeth TH. Also retroactive to the 22nd.

I agree that retroactive date on Parra probably means nothing. Last we heard (I think) he was still not pitching off the mound. You never know, though.

The thing is that Parra is a relief pitcher, so he doesn't need much time to get back. There's a chance he could get back by April 6.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

They definitely have some roster issues on the pitching staff. Kintzler, Braddock, and Stetter all have options and appear to be the only logical candidates to be sent down. I would assume Kintzler will be sent down to make room for Estrada to make a couple starts. Then who knows what happens with Estrada. Hawkins and Parra might be kept on DL on rehab assignments as long as possible waiting for spots to open up. It may depend on how Braddock and Stetter perform. If each does well, where do you put Parra? There's obviously potential for another deal too.

They definitely have some roster issues on the pitching staff. Kintzler, Braddock, and Stetter all have options and appear to be the only logical candidates to be sent down. I would assume Kintzler will be sent down to make room for Estrada to make a couple starts. Then who knows what happens with Estrada. Hawkins and Parra might be kept on DL on rehab assignments as long as possible waiting for spots to open up. It may depend on how Braddock and Stetter perform. If each does well, where do you put Parra? There's obviously potential for another deal too.
Yeah, I've thought about this too. From the sounds of things, I think at least a few of the guys on the DL are coming back April 12. The original plan would've been for Lucroy to come back April 6, so Nieves could be DFA'd to free a 40-man spot for Estrada. Since that is no longer happening, I don't even see Estrada being recalled. I think we'll go with Mitre and the bullpen at least for the 1st start. I think when Hawkins and Parra come back that Kintzler and one of Braddock and Stetter will go. The real question is who goes when Greinke comes back.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Archived