Brewer Fanatic

Miller Park adds smartphone concession ordering for 2011

thablingster

I looked for a thread about this, but didn't see one.

Per this article and the Bypass Lane website, Miller Park is launching the Bypass Lane program where fans can order concessions via their smartphones starting Opening Day.

Apparently if you download the app on your capable smartphone and enter your credit card information you can order concessions and receive a text message when they are ready for pickup. Even though there is a $.99 fee per order, this seems like it would be pretty convenient, especially if you have a large order. The main thing I wonder is if this will be available in all four levels of the ballpark or not. I usually still go old school and bring in food, but I may try this just for the sake of trying it sometime this year.

Thoughts?

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I think it's cool, personally. I don't usually eat while IN the park(i tailgate a lot), but my wife likes to pick up a soda, or if we are with friends, they usually order a few things. I'm sure i'll try it out once, atleast. I think $1 is worth it for me to sit and watch the game, and not have to stand in line for 15 mins to get something.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

a quick look on my hero shows these sections available for it, right now:

101-105

106-111

112-117

118-123

124-131

So it looks like for right now, it's only available on the Field level concessions. Bummer, but hopefully this picks up and is available everywhere.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Couldn't find the app on the Android market, but if it's only available at the Field level stands it wouldn't mater anyway. Seems just as easy as ordering from waitstaff in the club level. I'd rather grab my own food instead of tipping someone else to bring it to my seat.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

You still have to pick up your order. You receive a text message when it's ready. The app should be around someplace; it's available for iPhone, Android, Palm, and Blackberry.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

You still have to pick up your order. You receive a text message when it's ready. The app should be around someplace; it's available for iPhone, Android, Palm, and Blackberry.

Yea, i went to the website itself on my phone, and could access it through there. Not sure on the app itself.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Found the app on the android market today. Not sure I will ever use it, but you never know--sometimes it's nice to show off things you learn from BF.net!!
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Will not be ready by opening day per jsonline.
Quoth Don Walker:
Brewers may delay smartphone concession plan

Earlier this week we told you the Milwaukee Brewers had announced a partnership with Bypass Lane that would allow fans to pre-order and pay for concession items from their smartphone.

Now team officials say the plan may not be in place by opening day. And there may be a change to another smartphone app provider.

As soon as learn more, we'll be sure to post it.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived