Brewer Fanatic

McGehee Carted Off Field, HBP in Surgically Repaired Knee; X-Ray Results Negative

Gotta just be a bruise right? Better than hurting your knee while running or sliding.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

FYI- Some guy on JSONLINE thread about Patrick Egan being sent back to Baltimore stated that McGhee trotted to the cart and took the ride in to get X-Rays. If this is true, it would be better than having to get him at home plate with the cart, etc, which is what I assumed.... Now I don't know if this guy saw this at the game or what.....

The Brewers can't survive the injuries like the Packers that's for sure...

Are we really looking at the potential opening day lineup of:

2B Weeks

3B Counsell

LF Braun

1B Fielder

RF Kotsay

C Kottaras

CF Gomez

SS Betancourt

YUCK! I can't imagine a worse spring training than this one (save all these injuries being season enders).

For Fantasy Baseball's sake:

Maybe my trade offer of Carlos Zambrano and Ian Stewart for Casey will now get accepted.

This would be the worst trade of all time....5 WAR worth of players for less than 2 in McGehee. I mean loving the home team is one thing, but stacking up your teams guys for fantasy isnt always the best move.

I am really starting to dislike BF.net. It seems everyday when I come here there is a new headline that puts me in a bad mood. Seriously though, I hope Casey is alright. Let's just hope the Brewers are getting there injuries out of the way early and this means we will have a healthy season. If not, I'm going to have to start taking my Brewers talk to the political board so I can use the appropriate language for how I'm feeling.

For Fantasy Baseball's sake:

Maybe my trade offer of Carlos Zambrano and Ian Stewart for Casey will now get accepted.

This would be the worst trade of all time....5 WAR worth of players for less than 2 in McGehee. I mean loving the home team is one thing, but stacking up your teams guys for fantasy isnt always the best move.

And the guy won't take the deal! I know this isn't the thread for fantasy baseball talk but since you responded...I am burned every year by Zambrano (suspension and relieving last year) and Stewart, despite his hitting 18 HR in under 400 ABs and limitless potential, may be splitting time with Ty Wigginton. I'll take McGehee over the two of them any day.

What a horrible spring. This is exactly what I was worried about with our severe lack of depth. The only good news is that third base is the one position that we seem to have a major league ready replacement for him in Gamel. Maybe the Brewers should just forfeit the rest of the spring and take the week or so off.

Archived