Brewer Fanatic

Brewers acquire OF Brett Carroll from Royals for cash -- minor league deal only

Team Canada
I don't know why Kotsay would start over Dickerson unless there is a LH pitcher on the mound. Then again I don't know why Kotsay is taking a roster space away from another player and costing the Brewers more with each at bat.

Agreed, Kotsay doesn't bring anything special to the table. I'd take Reed/Boggs over him.

^Am I out of the loop? To start on opening day, Kotsay would need to start at CF, unless Hart is unhealthy, which seems somewhat unlikely. It looks like he'll be on the roster (unfortunately) but having him start on opening day would be terrible.

You're out of the loop. Hart's not going to be ready on opening day. There's just not enough time to get him enough AB's.

That hurts a bit. Not to derail the thread, but does anyone have a good idea how many games he'll miss?

^Am I out of the loop? To start on opening day, Kotsay would need to start at CF, unless Hart is unhealthy, which seems somewhat unlikely. It looks like he'll be on the roster (unfortunately) but having him start on opening day would be terrible.

You're out of the loop. Hart's not going to be ready on opening day. There's just not enough time to get him enough AB's.

That hurts a bit. Not to derail the thread, but does anyone have a good idea how many games he'll miss?
I'd say just the minimum amount. The issue will just be getting him enough ab's to feel comfortable. If they leave him in minor league games, he could be activated on April 6.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Archived