Brewer Fanatic

Marcum leaves start early; Latest-- Good bullpen session on Friday, still on schedule for 2nd game

cheesecup22

http://www.jsonline.com/b...rts/118202684.html Marcum does not appear to consider this serious at all..

http://www.jsonline.com/b...8211359.html Roenicke concerned

These injuries are quite frustrating. Usually I would brush this one off because it doesnt appear to be too bad, but you never know when talking about a pitcher's arm. I am really hoping to hear good news on this in the next few days.

Even if the injury is not serious, my concern at this point would be whether or not his arm will be ready for April 2nd? His limited pitch count to date suggests he'll need a couple more starts to build it up. He still has time, but one more setback and he won't be ready.

I really didn't like him saying that in the regular season he would have kept his mouth shut and continued pitching. That's usually the way you turn a minor problem into a major one.

I'm starting to get worried about all of these injuries. Right now, the list of fully healthy players is probably shorter than the list of injured players, and we're only halfway through Spring Training. Hopefully everyone heals and we play most of the season injury-free, but things like tight shoulders for pitchers and strained ribs for hitters can have a tendency to linger throughout the season.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Depends on the injury. Braun sounds like he was ready to play the next day. Hart sound like it's not getting better. Greinke probably would be playing, but that may keep him at less than 100% for a longer period. Lucroy broke a finger, so he can't play 100% until it heals.

When I hear "tightness in the shoulder," I get worried when pitchers want to pitch through it, as it could be something which will get better with rest, but will get worse if it's not rested. In my book, unless cleared by the medical staff, pitchers shouldn't fool around when they feel any discomfort in their pitching arm/shoulder. That's what worried me when Marcum said he would have just kept pitching if it were regular season. You should always let the team know of a pitching-arm problem.

Overall, you're probably correct that many of these injuries are minor, but they are injuries, and they're adding up.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Yes tightness in the shoulder makes me worry big time. I'm trying to stay positive but man this is starting to make me sick. I really hope it is just a little tightness and nothing else but it seems like most of the time it leads to poor pitching for awhile and then MRI and injury. Hope i'm way over reacting!

Archived