Brewer Fanatic

2011-03-13 Royals (Davies) at Brewers (Saito); [Brewers win, 7-5]

Mass Haas

Umm, anyone who's listening want to explain this?

http://oi54.tinypic.com/2qm2fmg.jpg

Sorry about the crappy text but it says "Alcides Escobar hits an inside-the-park home run (1) on a ground ball through the hole at shortstop. One out."

And Gomez has yet to walk.

True. And that's a concern. But he is hitting .364 and taking a lot of balls up the middle and the other way. It's all small sample stuff but that changed approach is much important to me than those 2 numbers (0, .364) and could be huge if he sticks with it.

Sure if he keeps it up, but in 2009 in spring training he hit .283/.358/.533 and then proceeded to have a typical Gomez season: .229/.287/.337. It'd be great if Gomez finally breaks out but really the Brewers should be planning on platooning him at this point but I doubt that is going to happen.

• 4 weeks later...

Random question about this game.

I proposed to my girlfriend on top of the dugout after the bottom of the first inning and was unable to get any pictures due to being slightly preoccupied. I know it is a little late to be asking, but I was wondering if anybody who attended might have snapped a few shots of us during this time? If anybody has any, or knows of anybody who attended and might have some, it would be greatly appreciated by my fiancee and our mothers. Please PM me if you are able to help.

Archived