Brewer Fanatic

John Clay ineligible (Update: Or is he?)

this really doesn't mean that much, since we have a preseason heisman candidate at running back with a couple solid backups. clay is the type of guy who would have gone early to the draft after his junior year, so i'm not too worried about it.

it does give us a little less depth at tailback though.

he would have been better off redshirting, anyway. not too big a deal.

though we'll lose that two-headed monster at RB, I'll still take a winded PJ Hill over most anybody else.

Although it may not "hurt" the team from a RB standpoint, it hurts him as he loses a year of eligibility (which he can gain back), and can't practice with the team this year.

A bit disheartening to hear, frankly. Future is/was so bright. I can't speak for anybody else here, but if I had that talent, I'd make darn sure I 1)did my schoolwork and 2)kept my nose clean.

I didn't have that talent back in school, and so didn't bother with #1. #2? Yeah, did that. Hmmm, maybe I should have partied more. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

My brother was Johnny Clay's former teacher in high school, so my brother is taking this news as a shock. But I can't say I am surprised since the Badgers were fawning over him since he was a junior and they were doing everything to get him on the Badgers. The only reason Deondre Jenkins, a wide receiver who graduated a year before Clay in high school, was given an athletic scholarship to Wisconsin was to lure Clay to the state capitol.

I thought I remember reading somewhere that he wanted to go to UW was for the academics and that he was a pretty good student. Does this mean he failed classes he needed or just took easy classes that didn't qualify as the minimum standards? I was looking forward to seeing him get playing time so this is disappointing.

• 1 month later...

Archived