Brewer Fanatic

Who Replaces Greinke For a Few Starts?

I agree with most of you. Estrada seemed to struggle in the first couple of innings but really looked good for most of the game. I don't exactly expect him to become a top of the rotation guy, but think he could be a solid 4 or 5.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would add that my opinion of this being an ok idea has nothing to do with Estrada. I am not very impressed by him and don't expect him to stick as a major league pitcher. The situation our rotation is in at the moment makes the idea have some merit though, regardless of who is filling in the innings.

You have to admit though, Estrada is pretty solid for what he is - a 6th or worse starter signed to a minor league deal. If we can send him out there and still win the game, thats a pretty major boon to the pitching staff. Since it's only April I'd say it's worth trying it because realistically, we'll have to make the same decision again later in the season.
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Now that Mark Rogers is fully stretched out (95 pitches the other night) does anybody think he could get the next start over Estrada? or did the fact that Rogers walk 5 batter in 4.2 innings do him in?
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Doesn't sound like Rogers is fully healthy:

April 9 - Chat with Pitching Coach Rich Gale

Gushing over Amaury Rivas, honestly critical of Mark Rogers' pace, and alarmingly, Rogers was sitting at only 88-90 on Friday...

I can never get MiLB archived audio files to play, but MassHaas's emphasis probably says enough on its own http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I can never get MiLB archived audio files to play

It seems to me that the mp3 files are downloading at about half the speed that's necessary for them to play smoothly. I hit the link, hit the pause button on the media player, and let the file fully load. At that point, it played fine without any burps.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

So that lines up Yo to pitch next Friday, right? NICE! That'll be my first game for the year. When I bought the tickets I was hoping Greinke, but Yo is a good runner-up.

That said, when Greinke is back there won't be one pitcher in the rotation that would really take the luster off of going to a Brewer game like Suppan or others used to.

Yeah, I hear ya on that one. I used to hate watching Suppan pitch. Then it always seemed like Bush was pitching when I was there. It's great to finally have competent pitchers on out staff, so I don't have to worry about who's pitching when I go to games.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

The Brewers are about to have a very nice "problem" when Greinke comes back now that Wolf is pitching so well. Greinke, Gallardo, Marcum, Wolf, Narvy and Estrada. Not a bad top 6 at all!
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

PrinceEatMeat[/b]]Well, they just said during the broadcast that Roenicke wants to slot Greinke in between Wolf and Narveson to split the lefties. That makes May 1 look like the day Greinke will start.
That seems a bit early if they want him to make at least three starts in the minors. I'm thinking around May 6th.

PrinceEatMeat[/b]]Well, they just said during the broadcast that Roenicke wants to slot Greinke in between Wolf and Narveson to split the lefties. That makes May 1 look like the day Greinke will start.
That seems a bit early if they want him to make at least three starts in the minors. I'm thinking around May 6th.

Actually, I said that before they announced his rehab schedule. He's lined up for May 4.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Archived