Brewer Fanatic

Zack Greinke has fractured rib; Latest-- May miss more than 3 starts, possibly all of April

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More from Rosenthal;

Greinke hurt playing basketball #Brewers #MLB

MRI on Greinke revealed one bruised rib and one hairline fracture. Bone will take 4 to 6 weeks to heal. #Brewers #MLB

Greinke fall was 2 wks ago. Could start throwing again in 2 wks #Brewers doc says injury very mild. Could pitch if this was playoffs. #MLB

Tweets from Haudricourt:

Greinke had been nursing sore ribs all camp but wouldn't say what he did to them. Admitted he was hurt plain pickup basketball.

When Greinke's ribs continued to bother him, an MRI was performed that revealed the crack. He'll go on DL and Brewers need replacement.

Well, Greinke did admit he hurt it doing "something stupid" when asked a week or two ago about it. The good news is that he would've been able to pitch if needed, and that he'll only miss a few starts. No reason to push him into action when it's not necessary.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Looking at the schedule, we could just put the other 4 guys on an a regular schedule, and only need a 5th starter on April 6 and 16. Then slot Greinke in on April 26 at the latest and we're fine. We can probably just give Parra or Rogers those 2 starts until Greinke's back. I don't see any reason to not go with a 4 man rotation in April now that Greinke is out.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I really don't think this is a big deal. Our other 4 starters are solid-to-good and between Rogers, Rivas, Dillard, Scarpetta (for 2 starts it wouldn't kill us...and he might learn a lot), etc we can grind our way through 2 starts

Archived