Brewer Fanatic

Just wanted to introduce myself

SpottedCow

New to the board, but I wanted to introduce myself. In the efforts of full disclosure, I'm a Mets fan, but I'm writing for a baseball site for which I'm covering the Brew Crew.

My main purpose here is to try and find the inside info, topics, etc., that only the fans of the team are privy to and not the run of the mill stuff you'd get from the mainstream media. I probably won't post all that much, but I'd appreciate any help you might be able to provide me on the team. I'm covering them for the entire season, so I'll be here quite a bit. I'm also a huge baseball fan, so sometimes I might not be able to help myself http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif.

I do have a few connections to Wisconsin, as my sister and quite a few of my best friends went to UW-Madison (hence the board tag; big fan of Spotted Cow!).

Anyway, now that I've exchanged pleasantries, I'll go back to quietly lurking and looking for good topics for my first few articles.

Welcome to Brewerfan.net SpottedCow, feel free to share your articles with us too. I'm sure most of us would enjoy them. Glad we can help, lol.

You got it. I may throw some topics by you guys when I have ideas and see what kind of play they get.

By the way, I suppose I should give my token outsider's view of the team, at least what I know of it so far:

I actually picked you guys to win the NL Central and, I hope I don't jinx anything, to reach the World Series, as well. As you can imagine, there were many candidates requesting to write for the Mets, so this is part of the reason I requested the Brewers. I think the rotation is going to be one of the best in the league.

I actually picked you guys to win the NL Central and, I hope I don't jinx anything, to reach the World Series, as well. As you can imagine, there were many candidates requesting to write for the Mets, so this is part of the reason I requested the Brewers. I think the rotation is going to be one of the best in the league.
So we have you to thank for Greinke's broken rib then. I kid, I kid.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

As you can imagine, there were many candidates requesting to write for the Mets...

Given their off-season, I can't imagine! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I welcome your first step into the Brewer Fan conversion!

As you can imagine, there were many candidates requesting to write for the Mets...

Given their off-season, I can't imagine! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I welcome your first step into the Brewer Fan conversion!

Ha, I suppose I set myself up for that.

In all honesty, I was very happy with the off-season. Too often the team tried to put a band-aid over a problem by signing someone to a mega deal, while failing to address other possibly perilous issues on the roster. The best thing that could've possibly happened was Alderson, DePodesta, and Ricciardi taking over in the FO, with Manuel being replaced by Collins as MGR. That, in and of itself, was a step in the right direction.

With a lot of the absurd FA deals handed out this off-season, I was happy the Mets stayed on the sidelines. I would've liked to see them explore the trade market more actively, but I think the new management team wants a season to evaluate the players they have, so I can understand the hesitancy to make a move before they're completely familiar with the system.

I liked a lot of the low-risk, high-reward moves they made, too, with guys like Capuano, Young, Buchholz, and Carrasco. Maybe it's just the eternal optimist in me, but I think they're going to surprise people this year (of course, by surprise I mean possibly contend for the WC).

Maybe it's just the eternal optimist in me, but I think they're going to surprise people this year (of course, by surprise I mean possibly contend for the WC).

As one optimist to another welcome. For what it's worth I agree with the Mets assessment. I'm far from an expert but the Mets appeared to me to be in disarray top to bottom. I think in general it's wise for teams in that situation to stabilize, then asses, then build in that order.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived