Brewer Fanatic

T-Rats rummage sale

TURBO

Just got back and picked up a few things... There were roughly 150 people waiting in line when they opened the gates at 10:00 am. I honestly didn't expect to see that many people there, or I would have gone earlier. I was about half way throught the line of people waiting for the gates to open.

I got the locker name plates for the following players:

Odorizzi

Scarpetta

Peralta

Heckathorn

Bucci

Scooter Gennett

Hunter Morris

Devontry Richardson

Khris Davis

Kentrail Davis

Cutter Dykstra

Komatsu

All for $1 each... Not bad, when they opened the gates, I went straight to the table that had them and it was just me and another guy going through them. I grabbed a stack and was lucky enough to have all the guys I wanted except Lasker, Dennis, Garfield and Jeffress... I passed on the Dave Bush and Suppan plates... Almost got them, had them in my hand, but decided not to.

Got a line-up card for a game that Odorizzi started (August 16th game), but I haven't looked up the results of that game yet, or if I was actually there in attendance. Also had their best line-up with all their regular big names starting so I was happy to find it. There were so many of them there, and I didn't prepare with certain dates that I would have wanted, so I found one that was neatly done and that had my favorite players playing. Line-up cards were $2 each.

Missed out on the bats that might have had names and numbers... By the time I got there, the only ones left were generic. All the bats were $10.

Also picked up a game used warm up jacket.

Jerseys were selling for $80-$100 and by the time I shifted through the crowd, the big names were gone.

A productive morning, pretty chilly, but just being at the ballpark alone was worth the trip. (was also treated to free hotdogs, soda and popcorn)

Anyone else from brewerfan.net there today?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Sorry man, I plan to put the nameplates in mats with the autographed 8x10 photos I have...

I mat and frame stuff myself to save big money, and that was why I wanted to get to the nameplates first thing.

I was there also. Ended up picking up 2 New Era T-Rats hats and the Brewers BP hat from last year for $20 total. I also grabbed a display case with the 5 AGP mini bobbles the T-rats gave away in 04. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to hold onto that or try to sell it.

I was a little disappointed that they didn't have the Bush/Suppan bobbles on sale. I figured those would be out there.

bigjase, there were two of those mini bobble cases, were there any left after the one you got?

I almost got one because there is a poster here who has been looking for a couple of those bobbles for a long time, but was afraid I'd get stuck with it if he didn't want it. Turned out I was right, he didn't want it on the chance the bobbles might have been glued to the base...

It was a neat item though if you had a place to put it, they spent a lot of money getting that framed and matted at one time, that's for sure. Was probably in someone's office at the stadium is my guess.

I would have thought they would have had all those holiday bobbles (Cain, Green, Suppan, and Bush) out in the sale too. The $21.99 price tag in the store hasn't exactly burned them off the shelves, it's been a year and they still have quite a few left. Cain is gone, but they still have the other 3...

Do you have any idea what the bobbles are worth if they aren't glued? I haven't scene these around lately so I don't know what the market is.

The guy said they paid something like $200 to have those framed like that. They were in one of the Suites.

I was thinking of picking up the framed mini bobbles, but $50 was just more than I wanted to spend on a piece like that. I was able to get two bats, Angel Salome and Taylor Green. Not too bad for $10 a bat. They didn't have too many with names on them.

They were in the suites huh? That makes sense. That is probably why the cards were a bit faded, they probably saw some sunlight over the years with those big windows that face the field.

Well, the bobbles if they had their original boxes are pretty rare I think. Not sure how many they gave out. No idea of the value, they never come up on ebay.

Have you checked into them, are they glued down? Was there still one of the displays left after you got yours? I left at around 11:30, and I thought they were both still there.

• 1 month later...

Archived