Brewer Fanatic

MLBN 30 for 30

Dragonbait

I'm attempting to watch every one of them this year. Why? I don't really know. Call it a quest. A quest for fun.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• 2 weeks later...

Either MLBN was off or my DirecTV was off... when I TiVo'd it the first 35 minutes was the SF Giants 30....

Seems like they are behind...

gonna try again for the replay later today.

You knew me as Myday2001.

I'll be honest, I finally got to the Brewer episode tonight (thank you, tivo!) and, compared to the other 14 cactus league episodes, the Brewers episode was the worst, on production values alone.

1. With the exception of Braun's interview (and the look-ins with Hazel Mae), every other player interview was conducted at the crack of dawn (literally 7:30-8:00 am AZ time) and, thus, appeared very, very dark. Compared to every other team's players being interviewed between mid-to-late morning hours (and some in the afternoon after games were played) it just looked bad.

2. All the on-field action was shown with them on the Maryville main stadium field. None was shown on the practice fields (except for the stock footage of Greinke throwing on February 18th and the pitcher's bunting drill with Marcum at the plate.) I really expected to see a lot more drills being worked on on the back fields like every other team's 30 in 30 show.

3. All this on-field action was shown WAY too dark for the 10:30 am shown on the scoreboard in one scene. They closed the iris on the cameras or something because it gave the impression that Maryvale was some dark gloomy place compared to the other Phoenix spring training complexes shown with bright sunshine. The shots of Weeks and Fielder hitting in the cage looked very non-HD because of this and, compared to the other broadcasts, looked like something produced by WMLW.

4. Where the heck was John Hart? Every other team had a former-General Manager's prospective on the team and it's prospects (especially the prospects.) Who'd the Brewers get? Dan Plesac. Puh--lease.

Overall, this was a disappointment. I've watched all of the episodes thus far (minus a couple this week due to other activities, but they're on the tivo and will be watched) and I looked forward to this one the most and left the room going, "what the heck happened?"

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I disagree on Plesac being on the episode. He is a former Brewer and, as he stated, is still partial to Milwaukee. I thought Mitch Williams being there was a mistake. He contributed nothing other than continuing to show his ignorance on the untucking of jerseys.

I disagree on Plesac being on the episode. He is a former Brewer and, as he stated, is still partial to Milwaukee. I thought Mitch Williams being there was a mistake. He contributed nothing other than continuing to show his ignorance on the untucking of jerseys.
Is there anything that Williams isn't ignorant about? I think Plesac is great on MLBN

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I completely understand (and expected) Plesac to be on the episode because he is a Brewer homer thru-and-thru on that network. My complaint was because there was no John Hart, they had to go to Plesac to break down the Brewers farm system. I enjoyed getting the former-GM point-of-view on each team's prospects but instead we got Plesac breaking them down. It was just kind of a letdown.

- - - - - - - - -

Did Plesac even talk about Mark Rogers in his prospect breakdown? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he did. I can't believe that lack of coverage on Mark Rogers in general, but you'd think Plesac would have at least mentioned his name considering that Mark Rogers pitched 9 no hit innings for the Brewers last September and is now the Brewers number 1 prospect in the system. That part of the show was a little bit of a let down in my view.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Plesac has been working in recent seasons for the White Sox tv studio crew iirc. I wouldn't expect him to know Brewers prospects, but then like pitchleague said, that's just disappointing coverage. Jonathan Mayo did a really nice job handicapping the Brewers' system not too long ago for MLB.com, so it's not like they didn't have other options.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived