Brewer Fanatic

Vote for Axford's 2011 Intro Song!

sbrylski

"New Noise" was within six votes of "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" last night when I checked, but for some reason "TGTB&TU" is making a charge today. It's up by almost 20 again. I don't get it. A closer's entrance song should pump up the crowd. You won't even be able to hear that song over cheers...

If you haven't voted yet, vote "New Noise." If you have, tell everyone you know to vote: Axford's Entrance Song Poll - Round Two

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want the Good the Bad and the Ugly. That's a one of a kind entrance song and IMO can't be matched. Everybody knows what movie it's from and what it represents. It's perfect for the 9th inning. Like Hells Bells was perfect for Hoffman.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly would probably be one of the most boring closer intros of all time, and would fail to get the crowd pumped up. I heard Axford prefers Audioslave - Cochise, which is why it moved to the final 4 even though it barely had any votes.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

If Axford prefers a song I don't know why he doesn't just pick it for himself.
I agree, and I still think he will. He's just doing this to appease the fans in my opinion. I hope he listens to the fans, but the fact that Cochise is there makes me think that he will just pick it.

The theme for TGTBATU doesn't build up at all. It's a great novelty concept, for sure, but it will never hold up over time as an entrance music. I want Cochise to be the choice for sure, but it looks like that's not going to happen. I hope he overrides the vote.

"New Noise" is up by 26 votes now on "Bulls on Parade." If it holds the lead, I hope Axford doesn't override the vote (although I'm sure he probably will). "New Noise" would be such an epic entrance song.

Axford was on the D-List this morning. They talked a lot about twitter and the poll in particular. Axford had the following comments about each song (not verbatim, this is from memory):

New Noise - I've always really loved this song, but never really thought about it for an entrance

Good, Bad, Ugly - Just kind of a novelty, I put it up there and people have really run with it

Audioslave - This is the song I used most last year

He didn't comment on Rage, and definitely sounded like he likes New Noise, for what it's worth.

God, this season needs to start soon - I've been reduced to conducting analysis on entrance music polls and radio interviews.

It looks like the vote will go down to the wire. "New Noise" is only a few votes down from "Bulls on Parade," which had been down by like 30 yesterday.

I dig Rage, but I think Miller Park Drunk put it best: "Hard not to like this one, but do we really want a song about the American military-industrial complex leading us into the ninth inning of a potential win? Isn't that a bit heavy?"

from right field bleachers, take it for what its worth...

FYI, spoke with a Brewers employee who works with the new scoreboard. They designed the intro with "New Noise," but hadn't got the final word from Axford at the time (this weekend). So, Axford's intro did exist with "New Noise," but it might never see the light of day.

I would believe that. New Noise was leading up until the last day or two. If he does pick the leader, he might have to be ready to change it until it is actually used. He said on his facebook yesterday that he can't decide between the top 2, which are New Noise and Bulls on Parade.

Archived