Brewer Fanatic

Vote for Axford's 2011 Intro Song!

sbrylski

I've been calling for a closer to use "New Noise" for like 10 years. If it happened in Milwaukee, it would be amazing.

Some have suggested that if Axford uses "New Noise," it should start midway through the song where it builds to the intense finish (since the song is long and has a lot of ups and downs), but I think the intro is too good not to use it. I think he should mash the two together so it'd be something like this: http://www.mdn.fm/files/242517_oeceq/The+Refused+-+New+Noise+(Axford+Cut).mp3

Watching Axford run out as "New Noise" blares over the Miller Park speakers would be epic. And it's so close, we have to make this happen.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like New Noise. It's currently second behind the good, the bad, and the ugly for some reason. New Noise would be 100 times better, no question about it. I have no idea why so many people want the good, the bad, and the ugly when they could have a song like New Noise.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I would like New Noise. It's currently second behind the good, the bad, and the ugly for some reason. New Noise would be 100 times better, no question about it. I have no idea why so many people want the good, the bad, and the ugly when they could have a song like New Noise.
I don't even really understand why "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" is an option. It wouldn't work as a closer's song at all. I get the Western showdown angle, but that music would not pump anyone up.

I'm thinking a little

entrance music.

Just imagine Axford with tassles on his arms, knee pads with his face on them, face painted and oiled up like he's on Baywatch sprinting in from the bullpen, shaking the railing at the visitor's dugout and climbing on top of the dugout like he's climbing the top turnbuckle.

If that doesn't get you pumped up for Axford coming into the game, you're dead inside.

Edit: In all honesty, I would love to see him come out to Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Child. Yes it was

theme. No, not because of the wrestling angle but because of the awesome intro. Great riff.

I'm thinking a little
entrance music.

Just imagine Axford with tassles on his arms, knee pads with his face on them, face painted and oiled up like he's on Baywatch sprinting in from the bullpen, shaking the railing at the visitor's dugout and climbing on top of the dugout like he's climbing the top turnbuckle.

If that doesn't get you pumped up for Axford coming into the game, you're dead inside.

Edit: In all honesty, I would love to see him come out to Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Child. Yes it was

theme. No, not because of the wrestling angle but because of the awesome intro. Great riff.
Didn't Coffey have the Ultimate Warrior's theme as his music? Voodoo Child would be sweet. But yeah, like I said earlier in this thread, I agree with you guys. The good, the bad, and the ugly makes no sense as an intro song. It wouldn't pump anyone up. Since New Noise is the only one close to it in the voting, I hope it passes it. It's 71-67 right now.

I know it's too obscure, too old school, and stylistically too much of an acquired taste by 2011 standards, but nothing would beat Helloween's "Save Us" for a closer's song.?The rising intro as two badass fighter pilots exchange "this is not a test, this is operation sunrise" and "check your radar, radar in check" . . . guitars faintly providing backdrop before they explode with the sounds of afterburners at 0:19 . . . I can just see the bullpen doors breaking open at that moment.? Awesome power metal riffing guitars and high-energy tempo usher our hero into battle before the verse informs the opponent that "it's too late to call for the priest!" . . .?By the 1-minute mark, the house is rockin in a frenzy for the very appropriate chorus, "Please..... Save Us!? Please... Save.. Us!"

In my dreams, it's really really good.? I hold out hope that one day, the world of video games and virtual reality will bring this fantasy to at least some semblance of fruition.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

New Noise just took the lead! Hopefully it stays that way, because there is no way I wanna see the good, the bad, and the ugly win this. Although, I'm not sure that Axford will actually pick the song with the most votes. He's probably just curious to see what the fans think.

I just listened to "New Noise" for the first time. I'm still hoping for "Blind," but "New Noise" would be my next choice.

"For Whom the Bell Tolls" just reminds me too much of "Hells Bells" in that they both have bells and I cannot stand either song.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Ax was on Petros and Money today and he talked about his song for a little bit. You can listen here http://www.petrosandmoney...channels/347359/1201705. The guys on the show liked Bulls on Parade. Ax said that at 1,000 votes he's going to cut the field down to 10, and then once he gets 1,000 on those he'll cut it down to 5 and probably even 3. Then he'll take votes on those until the season starts and he'll either go with what the fans want or he'll probably just picks the one he likes most. I can already see that the final 3 is likely to be New Noise, Bulls on Parade, and The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. I doubt he'll like The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, so I think it comes down to New Noise and Bulls on Parade.

If you are going Public Enemy you have to go with the best song ever, "Bring the Noise" w/Anthrax. It appeases both the rock and rap sides. Added bonus being the beginning with "YEAAAA BOOOYYY!!! Plus you gotta give "thanks to Scott Ian, for being a down to earth human being".

Archived