Brewer Fanatic

Vote for Axford's 2011 Intro Song!

sbrylski
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steel Dragon FTW! How can you not come out to a song from a fake band consisting of Mark Wahlberg, McNulty from The Wire, Zakk Wylde, and John Bonham's son?
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
No Lumberjacker by Jackyl?????
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

It's gotta be Bulls on Parade. That song rules hardcore.

Plus it will be funny watching old ladies clap and dance to it.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I went for Omen - The Axeman just for the song intro alone. They could put together a video package of Ax on the new big screen to go along with the song. My second choice was Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls, but it is similar enough to Trevor Time to make it kind of meh.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

See, I wanted to go with Omen - The Axeman just for that awesome intro, but the rest of the song didn't do it for me. Nightmare got my vote. It's perfect for a closer's entrance, if you ask me. I also considered the Refused song and Bulls on Parade.

Seriously though, how is The Good, The Bad & The Ugly winning? I'm sorry, but that will NOT get the crowd pumped up. It's boring. I don't even know why he put that as an option. I actually think the last three options may have been jokes...

I voted for "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" purely for selfish reasons. Big fan of the "Man with No Name" trilogy.
I'm sorry, but it's a terrible choice for Axford's intro music. Would people really get pumped up listening to this? It's a good song and all, but it's terrible for this purpose.
I think it could work. It builds up gradually to a great climax, but it does take a while to get there. Could probably be combined with some sort of video intro.

Whatever the song is, when its over, the 45,000 fans there in game 7 of the WS should be ready to go to war.

I have always thought that the Phantom of the Opera Overture would be awesome walk out music for a pitcher. It's unique and it would allow people to have fun with it. You would see people wearing capes and masks and really getting into the spirit. It would be very marketable and memorable unlike the same old same old rock song they all use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ3UbHpc32A

No Lumberjacker by Jackyl?????

That would be a fine choice.

I vote Metallica, with nothing else even in the running.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I submit one of my favorite songs, "End of the Line" by Devil Driver(members formally of Coal Chamber).? It has all essentials? 1) perfect name that applies to situation 2)soft intro to get the crowd? up 3) apex of intro? to coincide with Axford storming in 4)perfect rhytem and beat for crowd jumping/movement.?? Just imagine you get to the part where the signer starts the oooooooooooooo and the lights dim and then the at the "yeahhhhh" Axford comes storming out to fireworks and other WWE entrance themes.

I wish the song by Omen was a little heavier, since I love the lyrics "Bow down to the Axeman!" They could still do it, blasting something like "The Axeman Cometh!" on the new video board. Maybe change the intro a little?

In the days of darkness summer men feared not the sword ball and the lance glove

Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...

THE AXEMAN!!

Gruber Lawffices

I think it'd be hilarious if he used a ballad. Like "Don't Give Up on Us, Baby" by David Soul or "Endless Love" Lionel Richie and Diana Ross.

I think it'd be hilarious if he used a ballad. Like "Don't Give Up on Us, Baby" by David Soul or "Endless Love" Lionel Richie and Diana Ross.
If a picture paints a thousand words, then why can't I paint you? The words will never show the you I've come to know...

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

They could blast that and turn off all the lights. Friends can listen to "Endless Love" in the dark...

Archived