Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Broken Right Pinky Finger

RobDeer 45

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mark Rogers quit BP early with shoulder soreness according to Tom H twitter. Gord Ash said it's slight shoulder soreness. He's had 2 shoulder surgeries.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

how did he break it? Shouldn't have been from a foul tip already, right? Kind of surprising that he did something like that before games are even being played.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

how did he break it? Shouldn't have been from a foul tip already, right? Kind of surprising that he did something like that before games are even being played.
"He was just doing a blocking drill and he got his hand in there too

quick," said Roenicke. "The only good news about it is that it's early

in camp."

TH JS blog

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

It'll be interesting to see how bad this is, but I've always firgured 6-8 weeks for a broken finger to heal. We're a month and a half out from opening day, so I wouldn't think he'd miss too much of the season. He'll probably need some "extended ST" before he'll be up to speed, so my guess would be that he'll miss 2-3 weeks.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

A broken finger can shelve someone from anywhere between a couple weeks to 4-6+ weeks, depending on the kind/severity of the break.

At best, this will cause Lucroy to miss important time behind the dish with his new pitching staff, as well as time missed getting his bat warmed up for the season.

If it requires surgery, it is almost assured Lucroy will miss the beginning of the season, if only to let him have a chance to get his own spring training in during rehab.

Mark Rogers quit BP early with shoulder soreness according to Tom H twitter. Gord Ash said it's slight shoulder soreness. He's had 2 shoulder surgeries.

That actually worries me more than Lucroy. I think Lucroy misses a few weeks of ST, but i don't think it will hurt him that much. When i read "slight shoulder tightness in the back of his pitching shoulder", i automatically flashed back to Sheets.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Will he still be able to practice catching for our pitchers? Just don't swing a bat or throw the ball back.
No - they wouldn't risk re-injuring the finger.

Yeah, kinda figured, but I was hoping that he just put his right arm/hand behind his back. Hury back Lucroy.

That actually worries me more than Lucroy. I think Lucroy misses a few weeks of ST, but i don't think it will hurt him that much. When i read "slight shoulder tightness in the back of his pitching shoulder", i automatically flashed back to Sheets.

I agree. I'm worried as well. With Rogers history this could be really bad news.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

I agree. I'm worried as well. With Rogers history this could be really bad news.

Yeah, this isn't good. Lucroy will be back in a few weeks to a month and be fine. We can't afford to have Rogers deal with more arm issues. We need him for insurance in AAA and for the future. Makes me wonder if we should've thought about dealing him instead of Jeffress or Odorizzi, just because of injury history. We can't afford to have anymore injury prone pitchers here.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I would think unless the bone is shattered and requires surgery to repair, it shouldn't take more that 3-4 weeks to heal a broken pinky. More opportunities for the many backup candidates to be properly evaluated. A few weeks off in spring might help Lucroy maintain stamina later in the year.

Will he still be able to practice catching for our pitchers? Just don't swing a bat or throw the ball back.
No - they wouldn't risk re-injuring the finger.

Yeah, kinda figured, but I was hoping that he just put his right arm/hand behind his back. Hury back Lucroy.

whats really the risk of re-injuring a broken finger. isnt the only way to re-injure a break to break it again which hes at risk of anytime. Cant they splint it up and still have him catch and get used to the pitchers? have some fan standing next to him to throw the ball back.

Thats just me, a broken pinky isnt keeping me out of much, swinging the bat is probably impossible tho.

Archived