Brewer Fanatic

Jason Kendall Blows Up at Reporter

chuckiehacks

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

This excerpt from Fan Graphs.......yeah, I was literally laughing out loud after I read this..........

We aren't charging up San Juan Hill, Jason. Nick Wright isn't an enemy

soldier and Moustakas doesn't need to be protected. He wasn't even being

attacked. Go oil your mitt somewhere and work on posting an OBP over

.300 in your soul-crushing and needless final year with the Royals.

Wow, the question wasn't even directed AT him(and he even misinterpreted the question).

I disagree. Kendall interpreted the question exactly right and gave the honest, if not politically correct, response. Of course any minor leaguer worth his salt hopes to make the team out of Spring Training and doesn't want to get sent down because of service time considerations. If the prospect answers honestly, he gets blowback for not being a team player. Or he can lie and give the cliche' response. Either way, it puts the onus on the prospect instead of management where it belongs.

The manner of Kendall's response wasn't proportional to the question, but he probably said what every prospect in a similar situation was thinking.

Robert

NSFW grittiness is the best link title ever. Just saying. That was quite the odd exchange, but I do get the feeling "rewind yourself" will become a cult saying due to this incident.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

what was with the "clicking" sound just before and after each of those Kendall quotes? It almost sounds edited. When the reporter talks you hear little to no background noise ("hiss" or "buzz") but when Kendall talks, there's tons of it.

If this is truly legit, well, then I think it's pretty funny that Jason butted in.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Wow, the question wasn't even directed AT him(and he even misinterpreted the question).

I disagree. Kendall interpreted the question exactly right and gave the honest, if not politically correct, response. Of course any minor leaguer worth his salt hopes to make the team out of Spring Training and doesn't want to get sent down because of service time considerations. If the prospect answers honestly, he gets blowback for not being a team player. Or he can lie and give the cliche' response. Either way, it puts the onus on the prospect instead of management where it belongs.

The manner of Kendall's response wasn't proportional to the question, but he probably said what every prospect in a similar situation was thinking.

Robert

Except the question wasn't do you want to make the team, the question was basically how do you feel about the fact that you won't because of service time rules.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Kendall is off his rocker....he has been for some time. He once told me at Spring Training that he loved listening to that Danny Gokey guy on Idol.....out of the blue. My buddy starts laughing and points me in Kendall's direction. Kendall then says, yeah I said it, I love Danny Gokey. Weird. Just weird.

This whole incident seems bizarre. The best part is that it doesn't seem like Moustakas takes any offense to the question, but for some reason Kendall does???

Kendall interpreted the question exactly right and gave the honest, if not politically correct, response.

I interpreted the question as "do you think about the fact that you are going down to the minors, no matter how well you play." To me, that's a simple yes or no answer. If he wants to play all year in the minors(Kendall's answer) is moot.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Archived