Brewer Fanatic

Russell Branyan to the DBacks

Sad. However, I'm assuming the Brewers (and maybe Branyan himself) think he can't play in the OF.

He would have literally been just a bat bench - it's tough to hold a roster spot for someone who can't play in the field. Although, they tried years ago with Brad Nelson behind Prince Fielder

Sad. However, I'm assuming the Brewers (and maybe Branyan himself) think he can't play in the OF.

He would have literally been just a bat bench - it's tough to hold a roster spot for someone who can't play in the field. Although, they tried years ago with Brad Nelson behind Prince Fielder

So pretty much like Kotsay.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

So pretty much like Kotsay.
Who's to say Branyan would be ok with that kind of role? He DID have an .810 OPS with 25 dingers last year. And yet people still think his ideal role is as a PHer, probably getting about 70-ish plate appearances for the course of the season.

Too bad Nelson couldn't hit either. He made Joey Meyer look like Babe Ruth. I remember him hitting a ball to the warning track once- I think that was the highlight of his career.

Archived