Brewer Fanatic

Who will be the Brewers' Offensive MVP in 2011?

And That
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I voted here (and at JSOnline) for Braun. I think of the two, Fielder has more pressure on him and thus, more likely to put up a poor year. Granted, following his every-other year trend, this would be his "up" year.

For Braun, I think last year in the middle of the year, he was hurting more than he let on. His June was poor and his July absolutely dreadful. But the months before and after those two were stellar. Braun also strikes me as someone who can play to the level of his team, so adding Greinke and Marcum is going to be big motivation for him.

But, they will still be neck and neck, whomever comes out as "MVP".

Edit- I didn't realize Braun has an every-other-year trend going on also. If both Braun and Fielder have "up" years... wow.

I chose Gomez...because I think he is going to perform better than expected and when he plays well, the offense seems to click...

Fielder and Braun will get theirs (and will probably be more valuable in most senses), but to me...Gomez is one of the Keys to avoiding games where we just seem to be waiting for the three run homer....and just don't seem to score.

with our pitching, scratching out a run or two can turn games into wins...

I can't believe more voters didn't go with McGehee. I guess past performance isn't considered indicative of future production.

My theory is that the folks that voted "other" have one or more of our pitching staff in mind.

It can really go either way, Braun or Fielder. Nobody else really has a chance barring injury, even if someone else in the field has a career year one of those two will be the best offensively. If Fielder doesn't try to hit a HR every AB like he did for much of last year he should be a .900+ OPS guy and Braun has been a .900+ OPS guy when healthy, when he got hurt last year it killed his summer statistically.

Archived