Brewer Fanatic

Who will be the Brewers' Offensive MVP in 2011?

And That

For some reason I think Ryan Braun will put up a monster season this year and have a run at MVP. I am thinking something along the lines of .340, 25 HR, 110 RBI with 45 to 50 doubles. I think Braun is going to continue on his career trend where he continues to sacrifice some power for average and start going gap to gap more, hence the increase in doubles. Barring an injury like last year (thank you Tommy Hanson), I expect an average and on base explosion from Braunie.

EDIT: I also think Rickie is going to go all Ignitor on us, raise his average to the .280-.290 range and have an OBP close to .400. If he does this and we don't sign him longterm before Thursday, my god will he get expensive. Rickie won't exactly replicate Prince's power after 2011 but he has the potential to replace everything else in my opinion.

Put me down for Weeks. If he's as good as he was last year, he'll almost surely be the most valuable position player. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me to see Braun or Prince go crazy this year.

On a side note, when I first saw Yuniesky Betancourt, I thought it was Yovani Gallardo. I can't wait for somebody to vote for Wil Nieves.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Yeah, I almost voted other too. You should include "offensive" in the thread title. I was looking for Gallardo.

How would that change anything for Gallardo? He still should be included! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Seriously, I picked Braun. Bounce-back from last year. I can see him competing for the batting title this year, too. 330-340/420/600

Weeks: He now has a manager that encourages him to use his speed. Look for a lot of stolen bases, singles that are stretched to doubles...and an injured wrist is never really 100% up to strength in the first 18 months post surgery. Look for him to put even a little more sting on the ball this year...
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Braun is going to be NL MVP. I just have a feeling he's absolutely going to rake. I'm talking .330 with 40 HR and even 20+ SB. I think he's made that he had to go through the Ken Macha era and with the pitching injection and the probably loss of Prince, he's going to take it upon himself to win the division.

I'm normally pretty even keeled when it comes to my thoughts and emotions about my teams, but I have really good feeling about this team. Like an "ESPN won't be able to ignore the Brewers by June" feeling.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

And down the stretch, its Braun and Fielder neck and neck... now Fielder edges ahead by a nose...

Today's JSOnline poll has 79% of people think Braun will have the better season (1205 responders). Granted, today's main article was about Braun...

I agree, I think that poll result is partly because people are not happy with Prince as a person for various reasons rather than people thinking Braun will have a bigger year. Most projections have Braun and Fielder having equally productive season, if not giving a slight edge to Fielder.

Archived