Brewer Fanatic

Josh Hamilton: 2 years $24 Million

Understood; it doesn't quite compare. I understand Rickie is "only" asking for $7MM in his final arbitration year versus Hamilton's $13.75MM in his final aribtration year. My only point is that I feel safe in saying that most of us agree that regardless of the fact that he will be post-arbitration years, he is nowhere near worth as much as Hamilton is currently in his aribtration years.

Based on what? Fangraphs project Weeks at about 4.5 wins and Hamilton at 5.2.
In 4 seasons, Josh Hamilton has a total of 15.7 WAR. In 7 seasons, Rickie Weeks has a total of 7.9. I'm not qualified to quantify what the difference in salary should be but I can see that in approximately half the time, Hamilton is worth approximately twice the wins.

***I hate arguing against Rickie in any situation. One of my all time favorite Brewers but thems the facts***

Hamilton has 15.6 WAR over the past 4 seasons, Weeks has 12.7 in that time. Hamilton is certainly worth more but it isn't by a factor of 2 or anything. Obviously depends on which version of WAR you prefer, I prefer Fangraphs for hitting and fielding at least.

Archived