Brewer Fanatic

Fantasy Baseball 2011

timothyw80
I would say drop Smoak. Belt is interesting as he can give you some real nice speed for a first baseman.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

A possible trade: I get Cano & Zimmerman and he gets A-Rod & Pedroia. This is NOT a keeper league. I'm leaning towards no, but your input would be appreciated.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I just want to say (instead of studying Tax and/or Copyright) that I missed the first half of my draft and I absolutely crushed the field in my first week of fantasy baseball. Having Nelson Cruz and Ian Kinsler helped.

i did the same. I missed my live draft entirely, yet still came in 2nd in two of my three leagues. Having Neil Walker be able to play both 2nd and 3rd is awesome.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Madison Bumgarner just hit the waivers. Who should I drop to pick him up?

- Volquez

- Jurrjens

- Fuentes (I'm pretty loaded at CP. Feliz, K-Rod, Storen, Burnett, Aardsma, Francisco)

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I need to move one of the following to make room for Matt Latos:

Ryan Dempster

Travis Wood

Ervin Santana

Suggestions?

I'd definitely keep Dempster. I think Wood and Santana are probably a coin flip although Wood has more upside. I'd dump Wood just so I don't have to root for the Reds.

Madison Bumgarner just hit the waivers. Who should I drop to pick him up?

- Volquez

- Jurrjens

- Fuentes (I'm pretty loaded at CP. Feliz, K-Rod, Storen, Burnett, Aardsma, Francisco)

Thanks for the input. I'm going to dump Santana, because like you said Wood has more upside. I always cheer for the Brewers over anyone on my fantasy team.

If you're in a categories league, why not get rid of one of the pitchers who isn't getting saves right now? I'd dump Storen or Aardsma.

Are any of you obsessed with fantasy baseball (or just baseball in general) as much as I am? I just can across daily fantasy games at FanDuel.comhttp://partners.fanduel.com/processing/impressions.asp?btag=a_656b_131. You setup daily lineups and play h2h with your opponent's lineup, or play in 5-team/10-team leagues. You get a salary cap of $35000 and you play a starting pitcher for that day, along with the position players (C/1B/2B/3B/SS/LF/CF/RF). Best part, win or lose, you draft a different team every day and there is no season long commitment. You can play daily games for $5 or play against real opponents for free. There are a few brewer fans I've seen in the forums and chats. Some of these people on here are no joke, you have to do your daily research (batter vs. pitcher stats, hot/cold players, SP matchups, possible rainouts, etc.).

I heard about this on a Sirius/XM sports radio station and gave it a try. Since then, I really have become addicted. On the home page, click on the 'Heard about us on the radio' microphone banner. The promo code is 'FREEMONEY2' for a free $10 deposit when you sign up. I just started on this site last Friday and already turned $25 into $48. Yea I'm a lightweight when it comes to betting but it's very fun and competitive. This may be the way fantasy sports is headed in the future, especially for die-hard players.

Forgot to mention, if anyone wants to challenge me (money or free h2h), my username is bushleaguebruiser

Austin 5:29

Life never slows down, so always make it exciting #moveit

• 4 weeks later...

This is my first time playing fantasy baseball but I'm facing the best pitching that I think you could ever assemble. Even more amazing is it's a 16 team league so it's not like 4 or 6 teams or anything.

The guy I'm playing against has Dan Haren, CC Sabathia, Tim Hudson, Zack Greinke, Jon Lester, Chad Billingsley, Derek Lowe, Josh Beckett and Josh Johnson. And then he has other decent pitchers in Jason Marquis, Carlos Zambrano and Mat Latos with Mariano Rivera as a closer.

I think he made some trades to get all that pitching but it's impressive none the less. Lucky for me his offense sucks. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

The only categories I'm trailing him in are IP (90 to 57), strikeouts (75 to 60) and WHIP (1.03 to 1.05).

• 2 months later...

I am looking to join a Fantasy Baseball league in the Twin Cities area.

Criteria :

Keeper

H2H

Minor Leaguers

16 or more teams

unique scoring system

Twin Cities area

Auction draft

Live draft with all owners present (not online)

I think I am a pretty good Fantasy Player and have done very well in my league. I have been in the same league for 9 years and will only do 1 league at a time. I can learn a new scoring system but want a league that has dedicated owners who take fantasy baseball a little too serious, just like me.

No free leagues, no leagues that just started up. I am no rush to join a league, just want to find a fun, competitive league in the TC.

If you know of a league that might work for me, even if they don't have an opening at the moment. Please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking to join a Fantasy Baseball league in the Twin Cities area.

Criteria :

Keeper

H2H

Minor Leaguers

16 or more teams

unique scoring system

Twin Cities area

Auction draft

Live draft with all owners present (not online)

I think I am a pretty good Fantasy Player and have done very well in my league. I have been in the same league for 9 years and will only do 1 league at a time. I can learn a new scoring system but want a league that has dedicated owners who take fantasy baseball a little too serious, just like me.

No free leagues, no leagues that just started up. I am no rush to join a league, just want to find a fun, competitive league in the TC.

If you know of a league that might work for me, even if they don't have an opening at the moment. Please let me know.

while this is a good - local - place to start your search, i'd recommend trolling the messageboards at both fantasybaseballcafe.com and razzball. lots of veteran leagues seek owners on those two boards.

Archived