Brewer Fanatic

Fantasy Baseball 2011

timothyw80

I have an ESPN brewerfan.net keeper league starting it's 3rd year. I need at least 2 owners and possibly more. It's a 16 team H2H league with 5X5 traditional categories. Lots of trophies. You would be inheriting a team and choosing 7 keepers before draft day, so serious owners only please. PM me if interested.

http://games.espn.go.com/...ueoffice?leagueId=181588

Just for fun, I decided to start a free NL only league. Will probably be Head-2-Head categories, but we can change this depending on what people want to do. 12 teams unless there's overwhelming demand.

Link is here: http://games.espn.go.com/flb/leagueoffice?leagueId=27393 Please PM me with your email address and I can send you an invite.

Note: I only have FOUR spots open. Trying to get them filled out ASAP so draft date/time can be finalized. Please PM me very soon if you have interest!
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

radman, check yr inbox.

we need one to fill a second year dynasty league. 6x6, 25 man roster, 5 minors, $280 cap, march 20 auction. team with plenty of rebuild options, lots of overpaid players to drop and rebuild with (see below). pm me if interested!

joe mauer c 42
adrian gonzalez 1b 31
placido polance 3b 6
evan longoria 3b 47
juan uribe 2b/ss/3b 1
jason bay of 24
curtis granderson of 24
ben zobrist of/2b 22
justin morneau 1b 28
ivan rodriguez c 1
orlando hudson 2b 1
andruw jones of 1
magglio ordonez of 1
freddie freeman 1b 1
adeiny hechevarria ss 1
brett wallace 1b 1
matt capps p 1
francisco cordero p 8
kevin correia p 1
matt garza p 13
edwin jackson p 6
derek lowe p 3
matt thornton p 6
jason vargas p 1
brad lidge p 1
joe saunders p 6
chris volstad p 2
joel zumaya p 1
noel arguelles p 1
chris sale p 1

I'm looking to start a new fantasy baseball league. I am a big time fantasy baseball player, and I'm sure there are others on this board that are as well. Whoever is interested just let me know. I will start up the league on whatever site most people want to do it on. I prefer epsn.com, but yahoo is also good. Let the games begin!
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Alright, I've got a league going on espn.com. I have 6 people so far, so you are welcome to join. I'm hoping we can get more people from this site to join, if not just anyone who is an avid fantasy player. If you know anyone else also let me know. Just PM me your email address and I'll invite you. Also, if you have any suggestions for setup of the league let me know. I just left everything at the default setting until I get a feel for what everyone wants to do.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

• 2 weeks later...
I'm on yahoo fantasy baseball and want to try a large roster with weekly changes since I get burned out when changing it every day. If it sounds interesting please give it a try with me. League #166764, pw "play2"

instead of starting a new topic, i'll add it here. Anyway I have my first auction league draft on Sunday and really don't know how to prepare for one. For the guys that do auctions, where to you go, or what resources do you use to prepare. Its a 10 team league with a 500 dollar cap if that helps.

After years of refusal I am finally playing fantasy baseball. The draft is tomorrow and I have the first overall pick. I refuse to take Pujols so it looks like it's between Hanley and Tulo. Who should I pick? Should I draft pitching early? In a mock I had Tulo, The Freak, and Mauer in the first 3 rounds. Would that be considered a solid first three?

I'm going into this fairly blind so any tips or resources would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

After years of refusal I am finally playing fantasy baseball. The draft is tomorrow and I have the first overall pick. I refuse to take Pujols so it looks like it's between Hanley and Tulo. Who should I pick? Should I draft pitching early? In a mock I had Tulo, The Freak, and Mauer in the first 3 rounds. Would that be considered a solid first three?

I'm going into this fairly blind so any tips or resources would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ha! You are certainly going into this like a beginner. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If you want to have the best team you can have you shouldn't let emotions get in the way of your draft (in other words: DRAFT PUJOLS). But I'm all for having fun, so if you choose to pass on Albert, I'd go with Hanley. Tulo is too streaky (look at his pre-September 2010 numbers) and injury prone. Otherwise Miguel Cabrera and Joey Votto aren't that big of a reach either.

I wouldn't recommend taking a pitcher AND a catcher with your next two picks. In fact, I'd suggest staying away from both in the first 3 rounds. You can still get a top 10 pitcher at the end of the 4th round and I generally don't take the top tier catchers unless they slip because catchers are the most likely players to get hurt (other than maybe pitchers).

If you start with Hanley, you could end up getting Prince with your second pick (unless your drafting with Brewer fans of course). Ryan Howard would be a good match too. Then I'd say an OFer (Kemp or Cruz would be great) or a third baseman like Zimmerman or Youkilis with your third pick.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

I'd do it just to get Matt Kemp. He's the best player in that trade. Phillips/Kinsler and Garcia/Venters is pretty even.
I ended up doing this trade instead.....

I get:

Kemp, Greinke, Jamie Garcia

He gets:

Cole Hamels, Adam Jones, Jonny Venters

The name of my team is Greinke Panky, so I guess it's only fitting. I was still hesitant because I think Venters will turn into a stud by seasons end. At least I get to keep Kinsler, at least until he gets injured.

Here is who I ended up with.... What do you think?

Kurt Suzuki

Miguel Cabrera

Dustin Pedroia

A-Rod

Alexei Ramirez

Jason Heyward

Chris Young

Ben Zobrist

Corey Hart

Adam Jones

Magglio Ordonez

Tyler Colvin

Mitch Moreland

Domonic Brown

David Price

Daniel Hudson

Neftali Feliz

K-Rod

Drew Storen

Ricky Nolasco

Edinson Volquez

Brian Matusz

Javier Vazquez

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Would like some input on who I should start for my worst 3 positions....

5x5 (16 team) 30 player per team, roto

OF Carlos Gomez , Brad Hawpe, Fukudome, David Murphy, ( I need 2 for the first week of the season ) leaning Gomez & Hawpe

2B Wigginton, Tsuyoshi Nishioka ( I need 1 for first week of season) leaning Nishioka

It really depends on what categories you need points in. Overall I would always start 1) Hawpe, especially on the road 2) Murphy, when he's in the lineup against righties 3) Fukudome, who usually starts off the season hot 4) Gomez, maybe even as the third best option while Hart is out.

For 2B I would go with Wigginton when he's at Coors, and maybe even when he's not. Nishioka is a nice idea, but I'd wait and see what he brings to the table before starting him full time. If you are in need of SBs and BA, then start Nishioka.

Archived