Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Arctic Tailgate Feb. 26, 2011

Invader3K

Don Walker has the details here.

The Milwaukee Brewers announced Wednesday that Saturday, Feb. 26 will be the date for the annual Arctic Tailgate in which fans can buy single-game tickets.

Tickets will go on sale at 9 a.m. that day.

The team also announced a change in the rules for fans who set up shelters to wait for the ticket windows to open. Under the new rules, fans will be unable to erect hand-made or hand-built shelters and cannot set up camp prior to noon, Thursday, Feb. 24. Shelters made of cardboard or wood will not be allowed.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I read the rules today and being someone who has camped out the past three years. I can say I am not a big fan these changes. Luckily I have a safe heater than complies with the rules and for power I don't use a generator I use a car battery and converter.

I also have a nice 8 person Eureka Copper Canyon tent so I am fine there.

Just wish the Brewers didn't move the start date up all the way to Thursday at noon. All the fun was trying to be #1 and camping out Tuesday night and getting there around midnight to start camping out!! They took that fun away but i don't think they ever thought it would get as big as it has and they never really wanted us to camp out for days in advance.

Oh I will still try and finally be #1 this year but I am guessing it will be a complete mad house at noon for that spot!!

I take responsibility for a lot of this madness starting. Four or five years ago my friend and I had off of work on Friday and only had to work morning. So we opted to go down there Thursday at about 1pm. We were all over the 5pm news and about an hour later people started showing up saying they saw us on the news and had to come down.

The next year people showed up on Wednesday (Including Zach who was right in front of me and my crew). That was the year they started garaunteeing 9 packs including opening day and we've been doing that since. It also helped that we're done with college and have adult jobs now.

It was a lot of fun going down there early, we usually go down Friday night just to see what kind of set up people have. Last year was pretty nuts, and I can't imagine more than 30 people actually got Opening Day, as I heard it was pretty limited with single obstructions and standing room only.

Good luck Zach, we'll probably stop by again. Send it!

Thanks Corey. I will be sending it hard this year with me and my Friends. You won't be able to miss us!!

Yea I can say I have been one to always wanted to not only be first but also make the tailgate as long as possible getting there and setting up as soon as MP allowed us to. no homemade shanties or wooden crates like some people have done or even cardboard houses. It had always been a camping tent.

All though i have used MP power and as someone else said that was always hit or miss whether it was on or not!! Last year it was on!!

Last year being second in line and having a group of four three of us got terrace box and in 431 single seats that is. I was the only one who got four tickets in another section of terrace box maybe 428 I can't remember. But they were not bad seats at all. IIRC two of them were front row of 431.

Cool thing is that this is more for the experience and fun for me and my friends than making sure we get opening day tickets. We are lucky enough that getting to be one of the first three groups each year we have gotten tickets and been satisfied with what they gave us.

The first year we did it four years ago. they allowed us to get are tickets together as a group and actually had 12 seats in two rows of six back to back for us!!

Like Corey (Bikeage7) said I have been interviewed a few times before once with Corey and his Friend and a bunch of people for CBS 58.

Last year I got interviewed again for Fox 58 and got the video off their site and posted it to youtube.? I will say I hated the questions I got asked and the way the edited my part with the warm heart stuff is just horrible IMO.

Have never experienced this Artic Tailgate, my company has season ticekts, so each year, with there alotted 4 extra Opening Day, I get 2 or all 4, plus this past week, I got in on the early payment for full season ticket holders presale, and got some games, mostly the bobblehead games at season ticket price, and also got 2 Field diamond box tix for the Saturday game against the twins!!!

Archived