Brewer Fanatic

Vlad signs with Orioles

prophet

Seems a bit high since Manny Ramirez only got $2 million for one year from the Rays.
I'll look it up but I thought that Vlad was substantially better than Manny last year. Wasn't he?

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

I'll look it up but I thought that Vlad was substantially better than Manny last year. Wasn't he?

As far as production he was. Vlad had 29 hrs and 115 RBI in 643 PAs while Manny had 9 Hrs and 42 RBI in 320 PAs. However, Manny had a better OPS(.870 compared to .841)

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Seems a bit high since Manny Ramirez only got $2 million for one year from the Rays.

Manny wasn't looking for a large contract. He is already earning $10 million in deferred payements from the Dodgers and Red Sox. I also read that half of Vlad's contract with the Orioles non-guaranteed and potentially deferred. The Orioles are probably the most improved team in baseball.

I like the look of Baltimores lineup. They'll be an intersting team to watch, if a few of there young pitchers step up they could be a pretty good team.

Brian Roberts 2b

Adam Jones CF

Nick Markakis RF

Derrek Lee 1B

Vlad Guererro DH

Mark Reynolds 3B

Luke Scott LF

Matt Wieters C

JJ Hardy SS

They have a good young rotation forming too. It is probably a couple years away from making serious noise though. If they can approach .500 I think it would help to start rebuilding that fan base though. I really think they will go after Fielder next year, he just fits their team so well.

I really think they will go after Fielder next year, he just fits their team so well.
They really should. Roberts (signed through 2013) and Markakis (signed through 2015) are their only long term contracts.

Their problem this year will be the decision to hand the entire rotation, save for Guthrie, to kids with very little major league experience. A similar decision would have been for the Brewers to enter 2009 with a rotation of Yo, Parra, Rogers, and Jeffress. OK, not quite that ridiculous.

Matusz was very good the final two months of the season. Guthrie and Bergesen corrected their slow starts and pitched the second about what you'd hope for. That leaves, Ducheresteruers (or whatever), Arrietta, and Tillman to fight for the last 2 spots. Arrietta was all right in his starts at the end of the year. Tillman still fails to impress in the majors. The other guy, well, he's had more injuries than Rich Harden.

If they did get Prince, and if Hardy bounced back and signed an extension, they could be competitive in 2012 and 2013.

If they did get Prince, and if Hardy bounced back and signed an extension, they could be competitive in 2012 and 2013.
Even after acquisition of Greinke, I feel like the Brewers should have (maybe they did) inquire to the availability of Adam Jones for Fielder, provided the Orioles were given a negotiating window with Prince for an extension. Jones' acquisition would have shown to the fans and Greinke more specifcally, we were still going for it. From the Orioles perspective, even with Jones traded, they still have the young-ish hitting core of Fielder, Markakis, Wieters and Reynolds.

Man, I would STILL inquire about this with Baltimore.

Andy MacPhail loves all things rejected by the Cubs. So, he holds onto to Pie, and apparently isn't terribly impressed with Jones' hacktastic ways. Pie is probably a worse hacker, but as I said, he's a former Cub. Pie could take over in CF, so Jones isn't untouchable. Maybe Andy would want McGehee too!

Even after acquisition of Greinke, I feel like the Brewers should have (maybe they did) inquire to the availability of Adam Jones for Fielder, provided the Orioles were given a negotiating window with Prince for an extension. Jones' acquisition would have shown to the fans and Greinke more specifcally, we were still going for it. From the Orioles perspective, even with Jones traded, they still have the young-ish hitting core of Fielder, Markakis, Wieters and Reynolds.

Man, I would STILL inquire about this with Baltimore.

With Vlad, Luke Scott, and Derrek Lee, they probably don't have a pressing need for Fielder this year though I like your idea.

Archived