Brewer Fanatic

Jose Reyes

Reyes when healthy is a better player than Fielder.

We will have to agree to disagree on that one. I just don't see it. Reyes is a speed guy with slightly above average power for a shortstop. He doesn't seem to be better than average defensively either. He's a very exciting player, no doubt- but extremely overrated in my book. I see him as being this year's Carl Crawford, and I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd definitely make a play on Reyes. Even with Fielder leaving, Milwaukee has plenty of power. Braun, Weeks, Hart and potentially McGehee and Gamel are 20 home run guys. This lineup needs more balance....more on base guys. A 1-2 of Reyes and Morgan would set up Braun/Weeks/ McGehee/Gamel pretty well. Plus the defense is improved at both SS and 1B which is a big help. And don't forget Wolf is a free agent after next season so we can save money by letting him go. Hart could be traded after 2012 to save money. McGehee could be traded before he gets expensive. Peralta/Thornburg/Fiers could be inserted into the rotation in the next year or two to save money. Even with having to sign Greinke I don't think a Reyes contract would hold us down too much.

Archived