Brewer Fanatic

Brewers medical staff highly rated

Invader3K

Haudricourt has a link to Will Carrol's story on SI.com.

The Brewers have put a lot of time and effort into their medical program, and no trainer works harder or is more dedicated than Caplinger. I saw him at "Brewers On Deck" last Sunday, taking advantage of having all of the players under one roof to do some work on medical records.

When you put all of that work and dedication into a plan, it's nice to see results. And, as this column by Will Carroll notes, the Brewers have fared better than most.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Time on the DL is a incredibly poor way to judge anything, however. I do not know if Caplinger is Christ-like or a buffoon, but the criteria is meaningless. Hoffman and Braun probably should have been DL'd instead of fighting through injuries last season, for example.

Time on the DL is a incredibly poor way to judge anything, however. I do not know if Caplinger is Christ-like or a buffoon, but the criteria is meaningless. Hoffman and Braun probably should have been DL'd instead of fighting through injuries last season, for example.
Well, to hear some tell it previously, you'd think the Brewers' staff was a bunch of clowns.

I do agree DL time doesn't tell the whole story, though.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

It might not be the only way to judge things but there aren't going to be any easy ways to quantify these things so it is a starting spot.

Carroll has spoke highly of the Brewers medical staff before and I'd assume he is more qualified to judge these things than most are.

Archived