Brewer Fanatic

Hello from Montreal!

Alexpos

Hello everyone, I introduced myself: my name is Alex, and I'm from Montreal. Since the Expos left I feel betrayed but I still follow baseball( is the best sport in the world after all!) But after the expos left they broke my heart. I never pick a ''new'' team to follow and never went to a live game since...this year! And I got to say: it was a great feeling to enjoy the sport again! The game was at the rogers center (all my friends are Jays Fan since I guess is the only option for most Canadian fan) but for I reason unknow I don't ''fit'' with the Jays. So for the first time I want to be ''involved'' with a team. So with the new season coming , I made the choice to travel to see at least one game! So here I am wrinting on this board! I ask all my buddy to come with me on this trip: but they all are low on money! So I decided to do it all by myself. I will try to travel to one or two MLB stadium this years, and I picked the Miller Park! Why the Brewers? To be honest with you I don't have one ''big'' reason, but I always like the brewers when they play in Montreal! Of course it will be a long trip (16 hours!) but hey is for the love of the game after all! But if possible I need your help for a few questions:

1-Will I have to buy tickets in advance
2- What are the thing to do in Milwaukee
3-Wich hotel are good?
4- are the Brewers fan (so you I guess you:p) are good people who like to talk to stranger ( I ask that because it will be a long time watching all those game alone:P)

thanks for your help!

Alex

1. Depends on when you're coming and who they're playing.

2. Also depends on when you're coming. There are a ton of festivals in the summer so chances are you can go to one of them.

3. Depends on how far away you want to be from Miller Park and how much you want to spend. The Hilton downtown is nice, the Pfister is the best but really expensive and then there are some decent hotels in the suburbs that are cheap-ish but around 20 minutes away from Miller Park.

4. We're good people. We'll be civilized with any fan, as long as it's not a Cubs fan. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I would recommend buying tickets in advance. Friday through Sunday will probably sell out through the whole season this year unless we fall really far out of playoff contention. The team looks really good so I wouldn't expect that to happen. Weekdays are kind of a crap-shoot but if you want decent tickets buying ahead will help. Any of the 4 decks on the infield will give you a good view of the field if you are in the first few rows. I would go with something around 1B. 212-214 or 318-322. The seats in the 300 level are a little bigger and padded. Probably a little more of a subdued crowd. Avoid the LF bleachers. Drunk obnoxious crown in my opinion.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Welcome, Alex. I think your screen name is clever.

If at all possible, I suggest that you not make your first MP experience one where the Brewers are hosting the Cubs or Twins, for a couple of reasons: (1) it will be harder to get tickets, and more expensive since the Brewers have designated those as "marquee" series; and (2) those games draw more than the usual number of visiting team's fans, which increases the chance of (some would say guarantees) ugly behavior in the stands and concourses.

If you can only visit when the Cubs or Twins are in town, post here to say so, because I would frankly give different advice on where to sit for those games. It's also possible (though no guarantee) that someone here on the board would be able to help you acquire tickets for an otherwise tough game.

Post here when you have more of an idea of when you'll be visiting. Many of the board members who attend games regularly tailgate in the parking lots beforehand, and since we are generally a friendly bunch, you might be able to partake in a nice American outdoor meal before you even enter.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
What kind of budget do you have? That will determine the hotel.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Thanks to all for all the answers! To be honest with you I'm so happy about the planning of this trip. I heard Milwaukee fan are the best for the tailgate and atmosphere! It should be a blast!

PS: And for DocLuna7 : merci beaucoup! Ton français est très bon pour une deuxième langue! En espérant avoir la chance de se rencontrer lors de mon voyage à Milwaukee!

Of course, former 40-man roster pitcher Alex Periard (career stats) is from Montreal suburbs in Quebec, and is another "Alex". Unless he's re-added to the 40-man after the 2011 season, Periard will be eligible for minor league free agency next October at the age of 24 (drafted at age 17).
I know that I'm in a true Brewers fan forum, when people knoe Alexandre Periard! BTW a funny fact: i didn't know but me and Periard only got 1 day of age difference LOL.

Archived