Brewer Fanatic

How many games will the Brewers win in 2011?

And That

If we got 90 in 08' with that team, we can get 90 this year with this team. I'll say 90 again.
I think you are underestimating that '08 team. The pitching was really good that year led by Sheets in the first half.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

If we got 90 in 08' with that team, we can get 90 this year with this team. I'll say 90 again.
I think you are underestimating that '08 team. The pitching was really good that year led by Sheets in the first half.
I don't think he is underestimating it at all, actually. In 2008, Gallardo only pitched 28 IP that year because of injury and Sabathia was a rental for half a season. Dave Bush, Manny Parra had era's in the low to mid 4's. Suppan's era was close to 5. The only true stud pitcher the Brewers had for more then a half season was Sheets. Not 1 of the Brewers starting 5 pitchers pitched more then 200IP for the Brewers in 2008. Yet the Brewers still won 90 games.

Now going into this season the Brewers will have 3 stud pitchers in Greinke, Gallardo, and Marcum and a solid 2/3 in Wolf if he continues where he left off. Innings pitched should be a huge difference from the 2008 ball club if they can stay healthy. Greinke/Wolf can pitch 200+IP and Marcum/Gallardo should come close. That's 4 starters that could pitch close to 200 quality innings in 2011 for the Brewers. The stress that takes off of the bullpen will be "huge". It will make the Brewers bullpen that much better along with their rotation. The Brewers should win a lot of close games, unlike 2010. They should be able to compete and hang with the other contending teams that they will face in interleague play.

With the pitching and offense the Brewers have this season I believe they can win 95 games. The additions of Greinke, Marcum and Saito should make the Brewers pitching do a complete 180 from last season. I'm also expecting Braun and Fielder to have bounce back years.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

That 2008 team had a sub 4 ERA. 4th best in all of baseball.
ERA doesn't tell the whole story of the 2008 Brewers pitching staff. Can you imagine what it would have been with a healthy Yovani Gallardo? or if they had Sabathia from the start of the season? Or if they had Wolf instead of Suppan? This 2011 pitching staff is imo better, has more quality depth, and should have it from start to finish barring no injury's. Also, many of the Brewers players are more developed and matured now and in their prime. We also know what to expect from a healthy Rickie Weeks now. This coming season has potential breakout written all over it. This is a very very talented young team that we have going into this season. Even more so than 2008.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

My key in bringing up the 08' team was the bullpen. Lead by Salomen Torres and a whole other crew of scrap players, I'm sure everyone remembers the September bullpen fall-apart. I think our team this year matches up offensively pretty similar with that one, our starters are better and our bullpen is better. I'm a lot more trusting in this team's bullpen and I think our team can continue to play with success throughout the whole year, with no final month fall apart.

If the Brewers can get at the minimum of a .700 OPS from CF and C (Gomez and Lucroy) you guys should win anywhere from 89-93 games. The Reds last year won 91 games last year with a rotation that is significantly not as good as the rotation the Brewers will trot out there in 2011. The offense are a wash at worst, slighly better with the Brewers. So I'm thinking 92 wins (and a playoff clinching win in the season finale series against Pittsburgh) in 2011 for the Brew Crew.

Who voted 76 or fewer?

It was probably that rotten Cubs fan that pops in every now and then... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Maybe he/she was confused and thought the questions was "How many games will the Cubs win in 2011."
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I was too optimistic the last two seasons, so no predictions from me this year. They could win 100 games, but could also disappoint and win only 80.

Honestly, I worry about the offense. There are 5 good to great hitters in the every day lineup and 3 who may prove to be among the worst hitters in baseball. The bench will be OK, but hardly there's not much there to push the starters.

Archived